San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed} (Part 1)

We did? What was confirmed? I didn’t see the news. If it’s red eyes then yeah again, San’layn are more than just silly red eyes, thematically it’s vampires and all that (You already know, I don’t need to repeat myself XD)

But yeah I haven’t heard a confirm, I thought the undead skin brought up was said to just be for an NPC most likely.

I wouldn’t get discouraged about the no ARs statement just yet. Blizzard does have a habit of releasing ARs after the expansion they’re featured in is over or is about to end. They did it with the Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne, and the Mag’har Orcs.

Who knows, they might do it for the San’layn as well! =)

As far as I’m aware nothing’s confirmed either way.

What did we get that’s in the ballpark? I’m confused (and sick which probably makes said confusion worse.)

Oh ok, yeah I’m confused like Bale then :stuck_out_tongue:

Undead elves on the menu is better than literally nothing.

Ergo, mixed bag.

1 Like

It sure would be nice surprise if we got a mini patch for the inclusion of one last allied race pairing in this long content drought. They could even call the patch Blood and Thunder if the allied races are San’layn(H) and Mogu(A)!

3 Likes

Ah, but I didn’t see anything on undead elves. If so I must of missed it.

One of the skins datamined was an undead blood elf and red eyes. Some people are saying that it’s for npcs but no one really knows anything right now.

1 Like

Oh my gosh that’s great hahaha, “Blood and Thunder”, have to admit that’s pretty clever.

And yeah, the undead skin wouldn’t phase me much, again San’layn are far more than just undead elves. They’re vampires with far more backstory and hopefully more lore in the future.

3 Likes

Blood and Thunder works for San’layn (H) and Sethrak (A) too. :snake:

I know sethrak horde yada yada.

4 Likes

I’d make this trade in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

I had completely forgotten about the Sethrak connection. I think Sethrak might be more flexible in joining the Alliance considering that the war is over.

2 Likes

Aye. I won’t go into it here since wrong thread but if you or anyone else is curious we have a few ideas about how to get them alliance over in the Sethrak discussion thread. :smiley: :snake:

1 Like

I still have a firm belief that Sethrak and San’layn would make an AWESOME pairing. I’ve mentioned it many times before but I’m sticking by my guns here and yes.

The hole left in BfA could be filled for San’layn should that happen, and Sethrak could get a chain working more with the Alliance. Plus like it was said? The peace makes it even more justified.

San’layn give horde cover in icy terrain. Sethrak give cover for alliance in desert terrain. They’re neat opposites and I love them.

2 Likes

Exactly! They really do work well in tandem, and giving separate things to each faction.

2 Likes

The forums have become a toxic cesspit and I’m glad this thread has remained sane and a positive environment. Thanks for that, guys. I really enjoy the idea sharing and such. I don’t think I’m going to wander much from this thread (or other allied race threads) very much x.x Big yikes.

11 Likes

Biggest disasters of 2020 so far;

• Threats of war.
  • Massive fires.
  • Global pandemics.
  • The color blue.

I second your sentiment, however. Thanks for being mature here. This community is and always has been a fun place to lurk in.

5 Likes

Fortunately this request doesn’t get as much flack as the others.

2 Likes

That’s 'cause people just tolerate our existence for now :stuck_out_tongue:

Just kidding, but yeah I’m hoping to see things come to fruition or get news on San’layn/the vampyr curse soon. Perhaps when people get to Venthyr in the alpha we’ll see that a bit more. I still am predicting the origination is indeed there with the Venthyr for sure.

I forgot if this came up but people are thinking the gargoyle NPC’s could also be a ‘beast form’ for combat in the case of San’layn, which would give the Horde at transform race as well. This has never been seen in lore for them before, but who knows, they could always add to it. I think those gargoyles look super neat.

4 Likes