Same item in weekly chest!

Funny how they say it’s RNG when you get boots 4 weeks in a row. Cloaks 3 weeks in a row. Belts 3 weeks in a row but nobody getting weapons 3-4 weeks in a row. That is incompetent design, not random bad luck. Blizzard is weak at doing anything…

1 Like

Some might say that is RNG

2 Likes

Sounds like the Fun Metric is working as intended.

1 Like

It has to be weighted in some way by-character. There’s pretty much zero chance it’s totally random.

2 Likes

If, for example, the drop chances from the chest are as follows:
(this is just an example, I don’t know the exact programming for the chest drop)

Belt 30%
Boots 30%
Cloak 30%
Weapon 10%

If would make sense that boots, belts, and cloaks would drop a lot more often than weapons.

It’s called RNG.
And if Blizz wants weapons to be harder to get, then they are not “weak”. They are actually succeeding in their aim.

1 Like

I believe the reason we get a lot of non-weapon drops is because of the loot tables in the dungeons. Every piece of loot has the same chance to drop, but if you scroll through the loot tables for each dungeon, each one has a cloak, a belt, boots, bracers. In theory, we should be seeing rings drop the most in the chests since each one has at least 1 ring (some have 2 rings).

Weapons and trinkets are only in a few of the dungeons which is why the drop chance is much lower since the pool of loot is overloaded with all the armor and rings from every dungeon.

1 Like

Yes but when a GM or Game designer says it’s all “random” that is junk. It more of a weighted design. I have several people in guild getting the same item over and over like me.

Oh it’s definitely weighted because of the reason above. Unfortunately Blizzard seems to never take that extra step to balance a system they’ve created. They need to increase the drop chance of weapons and trinkets to balance out the over abundance of armor and rings in the loot table.

Random has never meant an equal chance of getting any item, every loot table in the game has had unequal weighting applied.

Boots, belts and cloaks are all you’re getting. Ouch! The RNG gods have it in for you!

But take heart… If you want to see really fun and exciting stuff in your weekly box, run dungeons on your alt.

You’ll get the excitement of watching your alt get awesome drops like titanforged trinkets and weapons, while your main gets his 11th pair of boots!!!

I’ve experienced the “excitement” of watching my alts get multiple 455 titanforged drops for different slots and a 440 socketed seabreeze while my main gets a belt every week. If only I could take all the luck from that one character and transfer it over. :sob:

1 Like