Same-Faction Battlegrounds and More

I very much like all of these changes. I usually queue as a solo, and getting grouped against a full premade is demoralizing. There’s a 99% chance you are going to lose. I’m really happy to hear that Blizzard is finally incentivizing the Alliance to PvP. I don’t care if any of this wasn’t in Classic. People change, meta changes. If it makes for a much improved experience now, then why not make the change? Thanks Blizz.

3 Likes

The enlistment bonus will be a repeatable Level 70 quest offered by the Alliance Brigadier General in any Alliance capital city or Shattrath. The quest rewards a Battleground win with a box of loot that includes an appropriate amount of consumables, crafting materials, and currencies/tokens.

This is basically worthless. By your own data:

1. You’ve said that factional pops are similar globally.
  2. You’ve said (and we can all confirm) horde BG queues are higher (so players prone to PvP are more prevalent in Horde)

It will come as not much of a shock that people who are interested and focused on PvP are going to WIN MORE PVP than the PvE people. This means those same alliance people will try it a few times, just continue to lose, and ignore the quest. It provides no real incentive to the players you’re attempting to incentivize. It’s just a false promise to pretend it’s an actual bonus. It’s very analogous to RL attempts to cover up systemic disparity by giving out rewards that are then gate locked behind walls built to keep people out.

From the beginning you say:

• Emulate the design pillars and intentions of original Burning Crusade game systems.
  • Address player concerns in ways that capture the spirit of the original design of the game.

Faction choice is the spirit of TBC. The whole basis for not having homogenous racials, not having transfers or race changes as part of Vanilla TBC etc, are all founded on the basis of factional choices having meaning.

If you’re going to break down factional choices for the sake of gameplay, then you really need to do it WHOLE SALE. That means, dump racials or make them open to everyone. A simple fix would be just let any toon select whatever racial package they want and have some respec cost associated with it. Another option would be to just delete racials.

This is the only way you honor your bullet points, as well as provide a ‘fix’ to the problem. If nothing else, all the people who re-rolled purely for a perceived imbalance will be forced to reconsider. Handing out gifts that will rarely be awarded in a attempt to provide a false sense of equivalency is just insulting.

10 Likes

step 1: play the easy mode faction in droves
step 2: complain when u dont get the benefits of being on the minority faction
step 3: get those benefits given to you because of blizzards blatant horde bias
step 4: cry when alliance gets a benefit for being on the minority faction
step 5: repeat

glad i unsubbed from this trash game what a mess

31 Likes

horde players are professional crybabies
easy mode faction indeed

11 Likes

Can we get more detailed information on what is in the box. Like how much gold is it and what exact mats and tokens. I rather just get gold and tokens. I would like to see maybe bonus honor in the box as well.

you unsubbed from this game yet you’re responding to a blue post that was released 30 minutes ago? hahaha stop lying to yourself

6 Likes

10/10

Finally.

This is a Wrath feature. We’re in TBC.

You figure it out from here.

Alliance in classic wotlk: “Our faction is dead because Blizz hates us!! Give all Alliance races EMFH! Its the only way!”

Thats not what I’m seeing in here lol

4 Likes

the premades will go away when in time especially when people get pvp gear. ruining the integrity of the game is not a fix. faction changes could just be heavily discounted but would need to bring all the toons on a server not just one.

Who is crying? Oh wait… the same troll alliance posters

3 Likes

this dude 100% is still subscribed LOL

2 Likes

I guess it’s time for double spec. I login to my holy priest main 2 times a week to raid. Let heals have fun w/o 100g respec.

How about we solve the root cause instead of what you’re doing? If you can balance out the factions it will go a long way to reduce queues. Hell. Increasing honor gains will also go a LONG way to decrease queue times because horde wont be dragging the game out. If Horde drags a 10 minute match into a 20 minute one it DOUBLES the queue time.

1 Like

There was a solution available all along: horde who hate their queue times can join alliance, just like alliance who hated their racials (sweaty idiots) rerolled as horde.

10 Likes

We can’t deny that Activision is good at making money, ya know?

1 Like

100% purchased the 6 month bundle with mount included

alliance lose literally 90% of pugs games due to the faction attracting the type of players that arent necessarily motivated to pvp seriously and due to instant queues arent motivated to actually try to win, which is why the prevalence of premades exist, it is simply unreasonable and frustrating to play on alliance in solo pugs, borderline unplayable when majority of the players on your team are lobotomized

removing the ability for alliance to premade and effectively organize themselves to solve this issue only further digs the issue of a lack of alliance participation deeper lol, if premades are such an issue for horde then why cant they just form premades when they have a larger population pool and more people that are pvp oriented? baffles the mind

14 Likes

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

6 Likes

Just premade AV with discord chat. Then you’ll be able to afford it.

1 Like