Same-Faction Battlegrounds and More

Excellent quality of life changes for both factions. Thank you.

Also, a much needed and great change to premades. A group of five people playing together can indeed make a big difference in a bg, but by no means will surely crush a pug team of solo queued players.

Competition is alive and well for the most part.

Now, please remove BG numbers and do something to once again kill 40-person alliance AV discord premades.

9 Likes

Man i’m loving FFXIV :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Imagine not playing the faction who gets free stimulus living rubies. I guarantee the majority who will complain about this during the test will be Horde.

1 Like

Not the worst thing they’ve done. Though the crafting materials reward is a bad idea, as that’ll have a significant impact on the economy and gatherers’ means of making gold.

And I still chuckle any time they talk about authenticity and conforming to the design philosophies of TBC. Boosts utterly invalidated that goal. But as long as they can charge players for the service, apparently that’s all that matters.

7 Likes

Nixing premades is awful, it’s extremely fun to play with a big group of pvp guildies. Surely the tech is available to place premade v premade?

3 Likes

Seems an easy solution.

Pre-made vs Premades.

3 Likes

This is awesome imo, and clear that you’ve been paying attention, except it would be cooler to be able to do large premade vs large premade, if it detects a group LARGER than 5. Though everything before is great.

Git gud noob

A bit dramatic today aren’t we?

2 Likes

Please analyze the win rate in BG’s across non-premade groups, alliance gets stomped in most games so why does an Enlistment Bonus require a BG Win when it’s not going to incentivize players, given we cannot queue larger than 5 players?

There are easy solutions:
Prioritize premade groups against premade groups, in order of Opposite Faction > Same faction after an amount of time not finding a match.
Increase honor rewards, either for the Concerted Efforts quest or blanket across the board
The changes you implemented for same faction queues felt fine, keep those.

FFXIV is a better game run by a better company.

16 Likes

It’ll help my server a lot considering Alliance is 10% of the population and can’t do much farming in the world.

8 Likes

Can you test disabling the use of summoning stones for all peak times and random deaths while out in the world for the majority faction.

That would be the appropriate compensation for insta-pvp queues.

7 Likes

No, you did.

8 Likes

You assume any alliance group that can’t pre-made more than 5 players will win any BGs.

Woot Ally faction keeps on winning.

-Cutiest races!
-Instant BGs VS bad Horde!
-Always win even VS premades!
-Free Tokens and Mats for queing!
-watch ignorant horde feel superior

• smug

ALLY LEGIT BIS ALL DAY EVERYDAY

1 Like

Thank you so much Blizz, I can’t wait to get back on the battleground grind.

2 Likes

I’ll send you my venmo Blizz… since I’ve literally been repeating that idea for enlistment bonus trying to entice PvE oriented Alliance players to try their hand at PvP more often like on every thread and YouTube discussion thread I can find lol.

All the while being told I’m an idiot by most people for it.

Alliance charity.

Lol.

You realize these changes are made because of the Horde crying 24/7 on the forum?

It wouldn’t even exist if Blizzard wasn’t giving in to your self-created problems.

51 Likes

Imagine giving the horde everything they want every year for 17 years lol.

36 Likes