Sad searing totem is gone

I am so sad they are taking searing totem away. I loved my totem buddy in draenor. It was also a nice dps cd for resto so losing it sucks extra for resto. Please give it back.

11 Likes

It will either be tuned to be mandatory or not usable. I’d prefer it gone or baked into another ability like fire elemental dropping it.

10 Likes

Honestly i loved it being a 1 min duration just upkeep. I dont know how having an ability tuned to being mandatory is a bad thing. Every class has cds that if they don’t use they lose dps. I still say i miss my totem buddy. I was so excited to have him back. The more totems the better. This is my class fantasy.

11 Likes

Yeah losing searing completely killed excitement for sl for me, ive had so many fond memories using it, especially when were not really getting back any totems at all unlike them saying totems are coming back. Enh gets wind, all 3 get heal but thats it totems is main reason i rolled shaman and it just felt empty all being stripped away

7 Likes

Removal of searing totem was one of the best parts of the update.

A horribly designed ability its entire existence.

23 Likes

Got to agree there.

Searing totem was a “set it and forget it” ability that didn’t really add anything to the flow of the spec.

While I get that placing totems fits the class fantasy, and people are nostalgic about totems, I think that times have changed and something more dynamic is needed.

5 Likes

Ya I am afraid people want Shaman to be a totem bot again.

This is not vanilla … shaman players want to contribute damage too

6 Likes

Searing totem sucks, hope it stays gone

10 Likes

x2

I was so happy to see it gone, hope its completely forgoten from existance that useless thing.

4 Likes

Im glad its gone myself. Seemed annoying

6 Likes

You have got to be joking right? Searing totem is the reason you play shaman? That sounds very ridiculous.

Pretty much this. It was a pain for a long time. There are way more iconic shaman totems than searing totem :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Very very happy it is gone. We already have a LOT of totems, baseline and talents, that have good utility.

If totems are your thing, you can really get a lot of them, right now.

EarthBind, Capacitor, Tremor are all great. Add Totem mastery, you’ll get 4 more, for the price of 1!!! Liquid magma totem, if you wanted Searing, you gotta love that one. WindRush, actually useful. if you pvp, you can add Grounding and Skyfury ( I fancy both myself). Counterstrike, might as well.

You cant tell me we dont have totems, we do. Searing was just…disappointing, from every angle.

edit : to be fair, they could leave it in the game for players that really like totems. Instead of the talent that boosted it for example, put Searing there, with some added power.

1 Like

Im so glad its gone.

With the amount of dmg it did it wasn’t really worth it. They should just give enhance fire ele back

1 Like

It would’ve been nice for resto but I normally do a ton of damage as a healer.

I started my shaman in legion to level my highmountain and it quickly became my main, so I missed alot of what shaman used to be.

I think searing totem would have made for a interesting talent where the put the new Fire Nova.

Drop searing totem and pulses and explodes applying flame shock to nearby enemies or if they already have it applied, it does what the new fire nova spell is set to do

I think most people have heard by now but just in case that’s the new totem mastery. Personally, I think the loss of the old totems are disappointing since they could have easily been retrofitted to the new kit. I’ve never cared much for searing.

1 Like

Seems they have one for all the elements except air. I propose they add either wind rush totem or capacitor totem in addition to those three.

1 Like

yeah the loss of old totem mastery to a cooldown killed all my shamans hype, thinkin bout rolling bm instead unless they change it. I hope it gets updated and changed to where it has buffs we can keep out all time like how it is on live. Maybe searing totem, stacks of fulmation etc so those who want totems have a choice, especially when they said sl totems will be making return. Atm currently were losing more totems than was added.

3 Likes

I think that is just a place holder…makes zero sense to have all them linked together with a CD on it .

2 Likes