Sad reality about gearing and why it made me quit after realising

I’m not as good as I use to be, gearing requires rating and I started the season late, low mmr is full of people playing S tier comps with 215+ ilvl and it’s honestly exhausting.

No you can’t have my gold, I’ve already uninstalled,

101 Likes

Also the game isn’t that good, we were trying to tell ourselves it’s good because in our mind we want wow to succeed, but it just sucks.

twitch streamers are praising it because it’s their job and if wow dies so does their job.

89 Likes

these forums are filled with lifers saying its not BFA so its good but guess what, theyre both trash

honestly if you want to have fun just do rbgs, 3s is filled with toxic comps with BFA kids spamming ww/fire/blah blah.

31 Likes

most people at low mmr are higher than 215, most are 225 ilvl at 1600 rating. I’m seeing so many 225 ilvl with 40k hp at 1600 brackets.

26 Likes

This thread hurts my eyes

6 Likes

Yea, Ive reached this point. All my friends quit, I rolled an alt to play with them and put a lot of time into getting it geared, but I cant be bothered to log onto it and do anything. I’m barely doing RBGs on this druid to stay relevant. So the alt Spriest just gonna rot I guess. Druid pretty soon.

I think I’m pretty much done at this point. I wanted more out of it, but its just not any good. Its just not worth the sub at this point, and I dont think its gonna be worth it anytime in the near future. I’ve forced myself to hang on this long.

10 Likes

They need an Arena tier for people with only honor gear. So 197 and Lower ilvl. As an alt it’s a pain in the butt to first get the full 197 ilvl set then it’s a pain to get 1400+ rated. Best bet may be to wait for s2 at this point. Or play a broken class like Pally where gear isn’t that much of an issue since you are broken.

12 Likes

oh boy can’t wait for the next step in “vendors weren’t so good… maybe stat normalization?” and the cycle will go on

though yeA maybe tying gear to rating was wacky but they honestly left them kinda “low” for anybody who possesses a modicum of skill

1 Like

ive never understood why they give higher rated people better gear than someone trying to climb…gear shouldnt be a reward it creates bottlenecks and gear disparity has caused alot of people to give up

34 Likes

hey man iv already been there, its dumb to have gear rating gated, that only hurts casual players (most ppl) ANNNNDDDDD its dumb to have different stats on some pvp gear for different covenants.

guess you could say im ahead of the curve lulz

5 Likes

yup, then the people who cannot climb hire the people maxxed out on gear and they go 2 shot people in the 1k-1400 range; or they would, if tons were not doing the same thing so it is basically like fighting 2100 skilled people down in that rating area lol. My friend quit as well because he could not get the 1400 rating… Now make no mistake, he is not that good more of a casual pvper, but still 1400 rating should not be what it is now for sure.

6 Likes

There aren’t different stats for different covenants

4 Likes

i will say, leveling alts has taught me this is almost as alt unfriendly as last ssn of BFA and corruptions.

behind in gear, renown, torghast, legos, conduits, its rough when youre just starting.

20 Likes

No, but there are different weapon appearances.

Everyone knows looking good increases all stats by 33%.

Appearance is everything.

6 Likes

have gotta say if you’re using any shadowlands weapon skins you’re absolutely nerfing yourself

4 Likes

oh whoops was thinking of something else other wise my main point still stands vendors having gear rating locked is horrid.

the progression in pvp is you improving in skill and therefore getting better rating, not getting better gear.

2 Likes

the real trick is to not improve and wait for the meta to swing wildly in your favor most reward for least effort

1 Like

1000000iq play right there, once the meta shifts too it will be like that for 2 years

1 Like

What, you don’t like the claw?

https://www.wowhead.com/item=179580/jaws-of-the-wild-hunt

My bro and I can barely hold a 1500 rating. We are by definition very casual, but already putting in more time than normal just so we can even get half way to the Spider mount.

I don’t remember a time where climbing was ever this difficult. We aren’t terrible players, not the best mind you.

But holy crap, I can’t imagine arena being friendly to any person just trying to play for fun.

26 Likes