Saberon as a potential Allied Race

(Commentary): You make it sound as if the exodus to Azeroth was a long-standing and planned thing and the Mag’har had spent years making sure to invite everyone to tag along, no strings attached. It wasn’t. For all we know for sure the Botani and Saberon that are now on Azeroth are only on Azeroth because they were in the right place at the right time to get swept up with the Mag’har, but again, most tellingly, they didn’t stick around as if they were friends with the Mag’har, and we never saw them fighting against the Draenei either.

No I didn’t. Where did I say or implied that? I have no idea what went on beyond that fact they fled that nutjob because she was trying to turn everyone to the Light.

And I get they weren’t BFF with the orcs but they obviously trusted them more than the Draenei or they would have just joined the Light.

(Commentary): You’re stating they fled Yrel by going to Azeroth. That’s not the case. No one knew there was going to be an Exodus to Azeroth, certainly not the Botani and Saberon that came along. There was no way for them to know. They weren’t actually in contact with the Mag’har. They were at the right place at the right time to get swept up in the magic and taken away is all. You’re saying they fled the Draenei when there is no proof that was ever their intent or desire.

(Observation): Again, by your own source, Yrel was ONLY targeting the Mag’har.

(Observation): Or they just wanted to stay out of the conflict and joined neither.

The entire recruitment campaign is proof. Anyways, I’m not going to argue with your headcanon because it’s pointless.

(Query): Please direct me to the part of the campaign where we explore the Saberon’s position in the conflict between the Mag’har and the Draenei. I know the Botani get referenced, by Orcs, who lament there aren’t enough of them around anymore to eat.

Necrothreading because ever since I saw the Claws of Shirvallah talent I have wanted Saberon as a playable race. If it’s too much to make them Alliance, then let them choose, the way Pandaren can choose. Or make them Horde. I don’t really care. Just give us Saberon in every class except Hunters (no true cat would hunt with a ranged weapon). Honestly - I don’t care what classes they are. I would play a Saberon Janitor. PLEASE just give us Saberon as a playable race. Make up whatever lore you want (you do it all the time). Just let them be Druids and check out the racials mentioned at the beginning of this thread. Please, Blizz. Please.

4 Likes

Give up.
Blizzard is never going to do anything like saberons being a race that can choose the alliance, in the same way that pandaren do.
At most, you should expect that if saberons can be an allied race, they will be assigned to the horde. Obviously!

Ally? Would you be interested in an orange blood elf, a gnome made of wood or a “new model of human” with ears as big as an elephant’s?

No? Well, it doesn’t matter.
It is what you will get.

Have Mercy :clown_face:

Honestly, if it’s been 30+ years in the AU draenor I’ve just returned to WoW after the hell that was BFA so not really caught up on everything then wouldn’t it be possible that they’ve made possible allies with the orcs? From what I understand, the draenei went light crazy over there, and the other races on Draenor had to survive… SOOO in my eyes I think it’d make perfect sense for the Saberon to be allied with the Orcs in order to survive at such a time. This is coming from someone who doesn’t play Horde, but if I could play a saberon, ON THE HORDE, I’d drop everything and move over there… Because in all honesty only reason I’m alliance is because they have worgen <_< And now it’s also because my friends are also alliance. BUT YES, GIMME A SABERON ALLIED RACE, GIMME!!

Apologies about the silliness, just noticed this got really serious so figured to lighten it up a bit, but either way I’d still love to play a saberon.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, I imagine through prolonged exposure to consuming those crystals or whatever they were that made the Leo follower more intelligent, AND spending time with the orcs, that they would be much more sentient and intelligent over all. So it’s not really impossible for them to be an allied race, or at least capable of holding a conversation. (And truth be told I don’t think I’d be willing to stay unsubbed for so long if they did become an allied race) And I can think of an ENTIRE bloody belief system for them yeets in the lore from his Khajiit Guild on ESO They’ve lived around orcs, and we know they value strength, so I have a PERFECT idea for a culture. IF YALL WANT I’LL HAPPILY discuss it here with ya!

1 Like

And Worgen continue to save the Alliance from the lame force.

2 Likes

So write more?

2 Likes

Omg, where do I sign for wood gnomes???

True true, but we gotta add more races that are as monstrous as the worgen.

We want the feral ugly races because the pretty goody two shoes stuff is (in my opinion) boring. Void elves are a close one since they have to battle the whispers of the void, so they can become feral and ugly if they ever give in, but they still don’t QUITE hit the mark.

There’s also the possibility of a tribe in Durotar or Barrens etc. A number of draenor races tagged along when the Mag’har ported to our world. Think it included ogron (unsure on that one), saberon, and botani. There’s a line of story left hanging there that could be elaborated on. Could overhaul a zone with Botani taking over, add a tribe of Saberon reaching out to the horde or some such.

Can I name mine Keebler?

I still want to play a Naga.

4 Likes

Ok, but only if I get to name mine “Pinocchio”

Sounds good to me. I’ll make cookies.

2 Likes

Every MMO prior has a cat race. May as well follow suit if we’re not gonna get snake people.

3 Likes

I actually want to have Playable Cat People on the Alliance. Having Cat People like Tigers, Lions, Panthers, and Leopards, would be awesome to see as a race.

Plus I’m alot people of a cat person.

5 Likes

First, sorry about replying to whole thing, and if I add too many messages in here… Afraid I don’t know how to get multiple quotes like you just did with your own post <_<

Second, I imagine that it’s certainly possible, and I REALLY like that idea if I’m being honest. Plus, there are so many ways you can edit their culture, we’ve seen at least four saberon who are friendly to players. Three of which are followers, and one a quest giver in… Gorgrond?? (Someone please correct me if I’m wrong there) but if I’m not mistaken the guy has you kill ogres for a trophy or something. I’m already way off point lol, BUT YES, from what I’ve seen from screenshots, and a video, Ogron had escaped with the Orcs. But back to point, the barrens last we saw, were… well barren, and Garrosh didn’t help with the meat that could be hunted there. However that doesn’t mean all game went bye bye, so I’d imagine that the Botani (sorry if I butchered that spelling) would take over an area that they deem is lacking in nature looks at the barrens or to drive out a threat, be it alliance, horde, whatever. But let’s imagine for a second, a full out war between the botani, and saberon… How do you think that would go story wise? (In a way that would lead to us getting the saberon as an allied race)
I’m sorry to say I’ve forgot what else I was gonna say

3 Likes

At this point, I wish Saberes could be a new playable race planned by Blizzard for warcraft.
I don’t care what faction it is. It would be good for the alliance but if it is impossible to do for the alliance (which it always seems to be because some races seem too good to be imagined for ally) then just raise them in the Horde.

3 Likes