S4 PvP appearances all the same as S3

Mildly disappointing that the voting on appearances was not clarified as being only for PvE sets.

12 Likes

Are the elite weapons also the same?

Yeah, I think that was expected though.

1 Like

Dang that’s a shame. Ty

2 Likes

insanely misleading that they did that. I was super excited to get some of the older mogs but i was vert disappointed

5 Likes

Are the set bonuses what was voted on at least?

This is ridiculous, like many, i was thinking of playing arenas to get my elite pvp set from other seasons (especially the monk). It no longer makes sense for me to play until the new expansion, canceling subscription until December…

5 Likes

If S4 uses same mechanics as S3, when you catalyze Epic Hellbloom gear, you get the Raid Finder appearance

Just something to do with spare catalysts :man_shrugging:

Pog ty.

Another slap in the face to the PvP community. Why not just let us get a token at 1800 to buy a single previous season set during these low effort patches.

7 Likes

Youve generally been unable to go back and earn elite sets after a season has ended. The regular set ensembles usually come out for marks of honor after the expansion ends

1 Like

Yeah I am aware of that. The way they framed this season made it seem like they were breaking the mold a little.

1 Like

and yet youre are still subbed lol i dont get it seriously

apparently the 2.1 illusion is the same as last season? had a 2100 dk in my solo and he said the illusion was the same??? wtf blizz?

1 Like

Same effect but instead of green it’s sand iirc

3 Likes

Nothing says draconic like sand.

4 Likes

confused why he would say its the exact same then lol sand is different.

Could’ve been trolling or misinformed friendo

2 Likes

No way, lol.

Commenting for reach. I made a separate post about this on the PTR forum before patch went live.

I went back and reread all the communication about the tier sets for this season. In my opinion, there is absolutely no way to misinterpret any of the Blizzard communication and not assume that the appearances that PvE players and PvP players voted on would not apply to both PvE and PvP.

I was already worried that end of xpac, SoD, and Data would depress participation this season, especially coming off the heels of S3 which already had severe participation problems.

I know it’s anecdotal, but pretty much all of my PvP circle is now not going to play this season because there are no appearances outside of the small handful of us that will try for glad.

I think this is an extremely low effort opportunity for Blizz to give a +1 to the PvP community - I don’t even think we are asking for something additional. We are asking for what was communicated through the tier voting to actually be put in the game.

3 Likes