S4 Mythics Entry Point

Due to the difficulty changes coming in S4, do we know what “level” of mythic people should be able to comfortably get in to based on current progression? For example, let’s say you’re doing +20s at the end of S3, can you jump in to a +4? If someone is at +15 today, should they do Heroics first?
Based on a number of statements from Blizzard, it appears that a +10 is equivalent to the difficulty of a +20, so I can’t imagine people will be jumping in to +8-10 for awhile due to the lack of gear.

I’m trying to set my own expectations, as well as for our gaming group that plays weekly so no one gets their hopes up too high =)

we don’t know for sure, and everyone’s entry point will be different. i’ll probably run some 5s or something and see how it goes.

Keep in mind, the key you are likely to get at season start will be the level you would have gotten -10 (so if you would have gotten an 18, it will be a 8, a 15 would be a 5, etc) Not to mention, an 8 or so might still be easier then the 18 because the last affix might not show up till 10s

I’ll spam some heroics on the first day, do some M0s, and then try the lower keys and see how it goes. I’ll heal (resto shaman), so I’ll play by ear and test waters. I plan to mostly play with friends, but in the first week I’ll probably PUG as well.

I’m actually more concerned about the dungeon mechanics as I didn’t play in S1 and S2, so the M+ versions of the DF dungeons will be new to me. I’ll wing it, though!

Take whatever key you get at the start and push it. No need to worry too much.

4 Likes

yeah, i’ve never understood the big concern about “oh i have to do a 27 this week so i start with a good key next season!”

if you belong in the new season’s 10s week one, worst case is you’ll have a 10 within a few keys. it’s not like there’s a prize for the first person to time one.

im just gonna mooch off my title pushing friends :angel:

10s have some kick to them so you wont feel like youre starting over progression-wise if you end up with one. within the first week you should upgrade/deplete your way to a comfortable level pretty quickly

I expect everyone will be able to complete +2 to +4 in Season 4 after the rebalancing. This range will have no affix other than Tyrannical or Fortified.

Coming in to season 3 with full near-447 season 2 gear, my group was able to time a few 15s right out of the gate after doing mostly 22s in season 2.

In season 4, that will be the equivalent of the new 5. Basically, if you’re geared then you won’t notice the changes right away. Main thing is the difficulty increase between key levels as you push will become more noticeable.

It depends I think of you know the dungeons well and you’re a seasoned player you can jump straight into 10s

These people are trying to do weekly no-leaver keys to ensure they have a maxed out vault. It can be amusing to watch players get farmed for hours, banging their heads on over-tuned/buggy content that’s beyond what they can do at the time.

2 Likes

oh for sure. i just don’t get the “why”. most of the people obsessing over it are nowhere near title range in any given season. even for people who are, it’s not like the race is won or lost based on what’s in your week two vault.

1 Like

Even with this criteria met (if we’re talking people that know their stuff instead of just the top 1% of key clearers), it isn’t a guarantee. We stopped at 17 the first week of season 3 I think just because of tuning making it not worth the effort. The gear spiked quickly enough after that, but first week is always a crapshoot.

edit: 18, not 17. Got that Myth vault at least. :joy:

1 Like

Yep! These are some of my most favorite keys! Grabbing a bunch of guildies, piling up some snacks next to my comp, and laughing at how long it takes to complete a key out of the gate. Kind of like a goofy welcome to the new season. :heart:

I would never do this with pugs.

2 Likes

Actually, weekly no leaver keys can be fun even in pugs as long as everyone knows what they are in for. Some of my most memorable keys have been of this type and the commentary from everyone is often hilarious.

The main thing is to manage expectations and make sure everyone realizes we’re not talking “+++ ez clap big pp” etc. here. It’s going to be a fiesta of dying.

1 Like