S4 Fury Warrior Tier set is a DPS loss

I play fury warrior and was just running some sims to see if it would be worth it to switch over to our new (the returning S2) tier set and here are my findings:

-Currently, I am item level 491 with the S3 4 set tier bonus and the corresponding talent build. For AoE I am simming at 296,916 DPS.

-With the S4 (Returning S2) tier set, using the corresponding build for the S4 tier set and gaining an ilvl to be 492. My sims for AoE are 268,824, a 30K decrease in DPS.

So, by putting on our new tier set, switching to the optimal talent build for the set and gaining an ilvl I would be losing nearly 30k DPS… I looks like I will need to be ilvl 502 with the S4 tier set to match my current S3 tier set at 10 less ilvls. Please help Blizzard…

14 Likes

You can thank Critcakes for that make sure to sub to his channel!

16 Likes

I was planning to do Sims myself once I get 4set, and I can’t tell if I find this more rage-inducing or more hilarious that blizzard forked it this badly.

" Please keep in mind that we’re going to update the power of the set bonuses to match the increased power of the new gear in Season 4, so any bonuses you choose will be tuned to be as strong as any others." -From the original voting blue post. I am just praying we see some adjustments come out with reset on Tuesday.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t hold your breath on it. If there were going to be MORE adjustments (they tweaked some of the numbers iirc) they would’ve happened pre launch of s4

1 Like

Don’t worry, the already well performing Season 1 Arms set got a 50% and 60% damage boost to its two bonuses. :skull:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say I’m surprised in the least, S3 was superior to S2 AoE wise for fury from the get go.

The bad part about it all is the player population that gets caught in the crossfire due to bad actors either consistently creating level 10s on retail/classic for additional votes or the claims of paying for someone else to do that to ‘bot votes’ for them, well they got their money’s worth in being a meme in a meme season.

Thankfully while Arms is stuck with the less fun playstyle S1, (rip s3 was fun af) we’ve still got a bonus that works for both ST and AoE.

4 Likes

The season 1 set would’ve been interesting with the Reckless Abandon buff, but the Season 2 set was straight garbage to play even at current.

But so many people reallllllly wanted to play AM again just… because.

1 Like

Was looking forward to trying season 2 tier since I came back in s3 but I find it to be lackluster. Odyn’s fury is an overall better AoE than ravager due to it being instant proc and doesn’t get punished as hard for repositioning. I have awakened 4pc now and noticed I have a drop in overall damage compared to t30 by 30-40k. I thought I just had to get better at the rotation but the overall burst and sustain doesn’t feel as good and it feels punishing to try and maximize enraged regeneration due to wasting bloodthirst stacks.

1 Like

And they forgot that post mid-season patch made that the playstyle during season 1 by making Ravager work off AM, execute was buffed (as it was under preforming) and onslaught got buffed.

My view of DF warrior tier sets are the following,

S3 > S1 (post buff) > S2 > S1 (pre buff).

This ranking involves things like rotation, survivability and overall damage output.

Really wished the voting system was ranked choice but I know you americans are allergic to it :stuck_out_tongue:

But given that Blizzard is removing annihilator anyway when prepatch hits, my guess is that even if season 3 won, they probably would’ve ignored it and went with S2 instead. What makes it worse is that they never acknowledged they screwed up with the voting. Allowing you to vote on numerous characters (min level 10) and vote for specs (at alone class) you don’t even play. Like only warrior toons should’ve been able to vote on warrior tier. Same for priests with priest etc etc. And it should’ve been one vote per battle.net account per poll.

That is my main problem with S2. S3 is great because we want to press BT as often as we can to get crit procs to lower the cd on Odyns fury. S1 post buff made BT a non-factor in our standard rotation so it was only used with Enraged Regen. But for Season 2, you cannot really use BT with enraged regen without cucking yourself out of your stacks.

3 Likes

Sound par for the course.

It’s fine :slightly_smiling_face:

Fury buffs announced today for next reset for sure.

inhales massive copium

2 Likes

That is a dangerous/toxic level of copium my dude, you might wanna check into a hospital lol

4 Likes

This bothers me a lot. It’s a significant reason why I am dreading losing my s3 4pc. Ravager and Spear are the other reasons, but the way s2 impacts how I use BT is a big part of the problem.

S2 is the set bonus that got me looking for a backup plan for another class or spec to main for the first time since I started playing 13 years ago. I’m not thrilled about any of the options I have for s4.

4 Likes

so I’m getting better and finally at a little higher dps than I was at the start of this. Im at around 340-380k overall now in m+ and was at 320k when I had S3 tier, but I see ret pallies and dev evokers doing significantly more with 5 less ilvl. It might get some getting used to, but I imagine some buffs incoming in the next few weeks. Overall, I really enjoyed S3 tier playstyle much more. Survivability, flow, burst, and sustain just felt stronger but at least we’re not extremely weak.

The S2 bonus is marginally better in sustained AoE, its single target/priority damage just falls off a cliff in exchange.

5 Likes

Fury loses its Execute DPS swapping over, too. It’s a real shame, too, cause I would’ve rather played the S1 set with the Reckless Abandon change.

6 Likes

I just picked up my 4th piece and have been running through the sims. It’s absolutely ridiculous that I only sim an additional 3k single-target DPS despite 3 of my 4 new tier pieces being 20-25 item levels higher than my current.

Blizzard knew the votes were tainted by the last-minute voters who used every character on their account to vote multiple times. Fury’s S3 bonus was winning until the final day. It’s pretty disappointing they had complete radio silence on the topic until they finally announced S4 and were like “oh by the way, some sets won!”

4 Likes

It was incredibly unimpressive in Season 2, too, and we ended up playing Arms more often than not for Mythic.

Frankly, it’s impressive the original design left the concept stage. The set is further devalued by our higher stats, too.

3 Likes