S2 won for Fury?

This is terrible news that I somehow missed until reading the patch notes and seeing the 2% buff.

Fury is going to be in a terrible spot come S4.

4 Likes

So it will be back to raging blow spam?

Yeah looks like Blizzard doesnā€™t care about the obvious voter fraud that occurred. I mean a swing of around 74% to season 2 overall in just a few days was obviously not suspicious according to Blizzard.

I guess whenever Blizzard does a forum poll for now on, just abuse the fact that you can vote on a level 10 or higher character and vote as many times as you like. They clearly do not care.

4 Likes

Brandon strikes again!

3 Likes

Or it wasnā€™t actually voter fraud that turned the results.

ā€œLets go Brandonā€?

2 Likes

Should have been s1. Easily the most fun

idk man, a 74ish% swing to one side in about a day doesnā€™t seem off to you?

2 Likes

I already posted this in another thread but iā€™ll post it here as well.

They arenā€™t covering anything up and a moment of research would show you that weā€™ve known that it was going to be Season 2 tier set for a couple months now, they did a vote both for the NA forums and the EU forums and then combined them at the end.

For Fury the votes in total for each tier set were as follows~

Season 1, NA: 901 Votes, EU: 1076 Votes, Total: 2057.
Season 2, NA: 3567 Votes, EU: 5920 Votes, Total: 9487.
Season 3, NA: 4369 Votes, EU: 3767 Votes, Total: 8137.

If any of these numbers are off itā€™s cause I am sourcing directly from a WoWhead article posted on 2024/01/15 at 5:08 PM, by SQUISHEI, and did not bother to check the math myself.

We know that, you donā€™t prove anything by posting that. Check the post from Wowhead where they looked at the number of votes for each class and spec halfway through the voting. Season 3 was ahead overall by around 1200 votes. With season 2 coming in second. Then suddenly it swings in the other direction. Where Season 2 is now leading by around 1200 votes with Season 3 in second place. And nearly ALL of those came from the EU.

Season 1: NA: 890, EU: 923, Total: 1813
Season 2: NA: 2328, EU: 3125, Total: 5453
Season 3: NA: 3628, EU: 3054, Total: 6683

Iā€™m sorry but how exactly did the EU suddenly see in influx of around 2800 votes for Season 2, with only around 700 for season 3. Meanwhile US only had an increase of around 700 for season 3 and an increase of around 1200 for season 2? Something fishy went on. Season 2 voting for EU basically doubled in the span of 3 days while season 3 for NA did not.

3 Likes

I thought season 3 won when announced?

The build was already too spammy especially with RB spam. Going to give myself hand cramps again

Nah Season 2 won, at least w.r.t the raw numbers. But considering that the voting was flawed from the start since you could vote on multiple characters AND vote for specs / classes you do not play (therefore you could vote to intentionally screw over people), Blizzard clearly went with the raw numbers because they are too gutless to admit that they screwed up. They did not even release an official post saying which spec won. They did that by posting the ā€œchangesā€ they are making to each set amongst other changes coming in season 4.

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually surprised people are upset about this tbh. I had to main swap to warrior for mythic smoldy and Iā€™ve not enjoyed fury less in 20 years.

Fury literally plays like a classic spec with this seasonā€™s tier. Just go play that for a tier since fated is a meme anyways.

Critcake and Biz made videos and were on stream complaining about the brain dead players wanting s3 fury to continue on and thatā€™s when the polls started shifting

Itā€™s mainly because the tier set from season 2 forces us to use bloodthrist once we get a certain number of stacks from the set. The amount of stacks is dependent on your crit chance and whether or not recklessness is up in the moment. It also breaks the flow of the spec. Season 1, after the buffs onslaught and ravager got plays the exact same but it focuses on execute, an ability we will use regardless instead of one that was basically ignored after those changes. Not to mention that season 2 punishes you for using our main defensive cd, as you need to use bloodthrist to get the most out of it (23% heal per use of bloodthrist instead of 3%). Since you are using bloodthrist not at the optimal time, thereby wasting your stacks. Meanwhile for season 3, bloodthrist is a core ability so our survivability is increased due to the constant self heal.

I reckon most people who voted for season 2 probably forgot that the ā€˜ravager anger managementā€™ build they liked in season 2 was also there in season 1 following the mid season patch.

My personal rankings for fury this expansion w.r.t tier sets are,

Season 3
Season 1 (post changes)
Season 1 (pre changes)
Season 2

I find fury works best when you can focus on either bloodthrist (season 3) or raging blow as our main filler ability. Trying to work in both makes the spec feel bloated.

1 Like

I mean this is purely subjective so youā€™re entitled to your opinion.

I donā€™t see how anyone has ever found any version of fury to feel bloated, though. Itā€™s beyond simple even in its most historically ā€˜complexā€™ iterations.

Having something extra to track and think about makes the spec far more enjoyable to me than feeling like Iā€™m just creating gameplay loops where I hit two buttons.

That said, we like what we like. I remember season 1 being legitimately a meme in terms of performance, and somehow made hitting execute feel even worse. Iā€™d transitioned to maining other stuff with roster changes by the time it got changed, so I canā€™t speak to that anecdotally.

Fury at the start of Dragonflight was not great. Once the onslaught and ravager changes came, it felt a lot better. The rotation was smoothed out. Also the reason why execute felt worse to use was because it was massively undertuned. Once it got some well needed buffs, it was fine to use.

I mostly disagree. Fury is a gcd locked spec, pressing buttons in a loop is, honestly, central to the playstyle of the spec. It is designed to be mind-numbing as you are a berserker swinging your weapons around recklessly.

Annihilator was a mistakeā€¦

We didnā€™t need a Warrior version of Crusading Strikesā€¦

1 Like

Nah, itā€™s fine. Plenty use it because itā€™s easier and I am glad itā€™s there.