Ryzen 4000 series rumor:15-17% ipc increase rumor by Ice Universe, the Samsung Cat

Since people don’t like this kind of info (or infact refuse to even see the picture above as it explains it clearly) I’ll just summarize it:

15-17% ipc increase from engineering chips, able to out perform anything Intel will offer, expecting to increase more by final product

This is a grain of salt yes, but if this is true, then not even the 10900k will save Intel :rofl:

Ice Universe, aka the Samsung Cat, is very well known for his Samsung leaks on the Android subreddit. His leaks always came a reality in one form or another, rarely he will get one or two features off from his inside info

If this guy is talking about the Ryzen 4000 series, and he has NEVER talked about AMD or Intel in the past (with the exception of the Radeon/Exyos, an upcoming Samsung phone paired with AMDs graphics), it means something is up

Before some gets upset, I am aware it’s just a grain of salt, but you can not ignore this as this guy is 90% correct on all his leaks

Ryzen 4000 chips, eh? These are the ones that AMD and people (including you) lied about being supported in 300 and 400 series motherboards. “Hrr drr upgrade path“

Griefs doesn’t understand the 4 years of support is up and now up to motherboards to decide to support or not :rofl:

I may be wrong(I haven’t looked too much into it), but assuming Rocket Lake doesn’t come out incredibly late, Intel probably won’t fall too far behind compared to 4000. If Rocket Lake gets delayed, then they may have to be worried.

I’m slightly salty though that all of these new IPC gains for both sides are being announced for next gen, when I’ve already waited long enough for recent processors to come out, so I could upgrade soon. Makes me feel bad lol.

Side question: Is Ryzen 4000 expected to get rid of/reduce the power overhead of the I/O and infinity fabric on desktop? If so, they’d probably get some performance out of that too/save some idle power. I haven’t been looking into 4000 that much to know. I recall reading something about how them doing something(can’t recall the name) would alleviate some of that in the future.

I wonder who Steve is talking about here?

You doesn’t understand when his deity lies to him.

Just upgraded my CPU so probably won’t upgrade until am5. Anyways good for amd I guess but 15% is hardly anything to write home about.

I feel bad for the people who came here looking for WoW builds and were advised by You to get a 3000 series Ryzen CPU and a B450 board (instead of getting price gouged on an x570 board). You said they’d be able to upgrade to Ryzen 4000, but you were wrong and now they’re stuck!

Add this to a long record of You giving out bad information

To his credit, motherboard manufacturers were saying this too.

Gee, I wonder who told them? cough lying AMD cough

No they just assumed based off of a misunderstood sentence during The Ryzen announcement.

Actually, AMD played word games. Go watch the video Mordrid links. It has multiple quotes and discussions.

Considering Intel is still stuck on their current process Intel will fall even at the very top. Unless they get 7nm going in the next 2 years theyre pretty much done for in the CPU game but considering they cant get 10nm going, I say its unlikely

Absolutely would not upgrade for 15-20% increase in IPC. Assuming clocks increase too, 20-25% performance increase still isn’t worth upgrading from 3rd gen ryzen or 8th gen+ Intel.

That’s less than the performance delta between 7th generation Intel and first generation Ryzen.

Typical maxed out 7700k on air is around 220 single core vs around 160 on a typical maxed out 1700, or rather a 38% improvement.

And back then, everyone said that wasn’t enough for make Intel worth it over Ryzen. If we’re using the same logic, the 4th generation Ryzen chips aren’t worth upgrading to.