Ryzen 3000 spec/price leaked (supposedly)

Nice to see AMD winning again. Hopefully these can get the same clock speeds as Intel.

Sorry man, I just can’t wait this summer when people come here asking for suggestions

It’s going to be amazing

How? Are you expecting some sort of red wave?

If so, you don’t have to wait.

I’m already recommending the Ryzen 5 2600 routinely for most people.

Intel is basically absent outside of the very top end.

In 6 months, if Zen 2 is the better buy, I’ll recommend that.

The bigger question is how many of US will still be here in 6 months, since wow is trash now.

What’s happening this summer?

Hate to break it to you but there’s no need for people to wait. People can buy a 9900k right now and get 7nm Ryzen performance today on 14nm. That’s been the case for months. Pay attention.

I actually cancelled for the first time since Draenor. This game is really bad now.

1 Like

I cancelled and then reupped with gold at 8.1

Almost out of gold now so we will see.

I’ve logged in maybe for a grand total of 2 hours since.

They can

Or wait out till 6 months and get a ryzen 5 3600 with pcie 4.0 support that is at or out performs a 9900k for less

You left out *and new motherboard for that pcie4.0

But we know you have no aversion to buying new motherboards

But it also would cost less than a 9900k alone too :grinning:

Why wait when they can have it now?

“Outperforms” is kinda sketchy, and I didn’t see any prices revealed. They dialed that processor in exactly where they had to to generate a higher number and didn’t share any details so take their one cinebench score with a massive grain of salt.

Single thread probably still is a bit inferior.

SMT always seems to shine for cinebench vs HT, but it falls apart in single threaded and in actual tasks

No need to spend more when a better alternative with the same performance will be cheaper coming soon :sunglasses:

That ryzen chip is a sample chip, that’s still confidential so they can’t share details yet, but if a sample chip is at 9900k levels, I wonder what it will be once it’s finalized :grinning:

And what about RAM? I bet the demo the ram was at 2133, I bet that performance would jump even more when you put in 3200 or better!

And speaking of “grain of salt”

Didn’t you once believed a 9900k benchmark where it was the absolute best till aribeth pointed out the benchmark was fake?

Time to search the old forums

Citation needed on that 2133 claim as well as all of the other nonsense speculation you have spewed out today.

I don’t recall anything about a 9900k or Aribeth off the top of my head. All I know is that today, they used a stock 9900k and beat it on stage by a few points. They also did a run where the stock 9900k beat the 7nm classified chip off stage but of course you would never mention that.

Of the two benchmarks that were witnessed for Cinebench, the 7nm chip won once and lost once to Intels stock 14nm chip.

“won” by 0.4%

That’s well within margin of error.

Not knocking the gains, but I think the word “won” needs to be used a bit more conservatively.

CR15 is notorious for widely different results run to run on the same systems. Mine will fluctuate anywhere between 1630-1690 exactly the same setup and conditions.

I’ll say they are equal at this point based on that test alone.

If it’s a sample chip it needs to be stable at base ram settings first before even attempting to try higher frequency ram clocks :rofl: I thought you knew this.

That’s called margin of error, it’s beaten if that chip is an actual ryzen 5 3600. Hard to believe when a $500 chip can be beaten by a $200+ chip coming soon, I understand it’s hard to believe that. Since Lisa Su said there will be more than 8 cores in next gen ryzen its more likely that sample chip is a ryzen 5, it’s TDP and the leaked list proves this like amkypoo said

But you also said it was a cherry picked benchmark , they wouldn’t show that if they were trying to cherry pick scores, sounds to me it’s honest.

Now let’s see when the chips are finalized and add in some 3200+ ram settings at cas 14, like how there’s a gap between 2133 and 3200 performance for ryzen 1st and 2nd series, I have no doubt the gap performance will be the same

You don’t know what ram was used either

1 Like

You going to argue with that?

You don’t put 3200 or OC ram in a sample chip, if you want to demo something you want to make sure everything is smooth as possible, 2133 would be that safe point

It would have been embarrassing if they just put some random ram and on cine bench it would blue screen of death, that’s why that previous test off stage was first in case something did go wrong

Assumptions. Okay

2 Likes

You people are having dogfights over a dog and pony show. We have no idea how good or bad Ryzen 3K desk will be against the 9900K. We’ve seen very little so far and you guys are already declaring winners on both sides.