Running of the Trolls 2019 the official one

Hi Wyrmrest! I’m going to edit this with some info about the run!

The Run is THIS WEEKEND! June 29th at 6pm PST/9pm EST We suggest showing up early!

Our goal this year is $3,000!! Let’s top our goal and make more than last year!

Running of the Trolls 2019 will benefit The Trevor Project, a nonprofit group that is focused on suicide prevention among Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, and other youth. The Running of the Trolls will help us celebrate Pride Month, and encourage the younger members of our community, both in and out of World of Warcraft, who may most need support and help through their teenage years to reach out for it, and to encourage the rest of the community to help.

We suggest showing up early!

There will be invites and people gathering beforehand all evening/early afternoon. You can check our discord to learn when there will be people giving out invites during the week leading up to the event!

Where:

The Running of the Trolls will be held exclusively on Feathermoon-US in the Troll starting zone.

How to participate:

Simply log in on the specified day, before the run start time and join us for a run! We’ll have invites, and you just need bring yourself!

There will be absolutely no Cross Realm invites for this. Cross Realm people will be unable to join our guilds. You must be on Feathermoon/ or it’s connected realm Scarlet Crusade-US. I’m unable to facilitate people who are off realm. Simply roll a new character on the specified server and join in the fun that way!

If you do not play World of Warcraft, or play in the EU/Asia regions, you can download and use a US trial account. If your account is currently not active, you can also do the same! Trial accounts cannot join guilds, but you can run along with us, and we do have some ways to count you all. You can also join our discord still!

Is there a Hashtag again?:

#TrollRun2k19

Discord?!?

We have one but Blizzard won’t let me give you links.

it’s discord dot gg / MJycNAg you guys are smart!

A note about Racing Guilds:

We ask that even while it’s hectic, or there’s multiple guilds, that you join only the guilds we’ve confirmed so we are able to count how many of you all there are for the purpose of increasing donations. (And making certain that people get valid links to information such as donation sites, etc.) We will have a list!

So far we can confirm:

Running of the Trolls

Troll For Initiative

Trollkyo Drift

More guilds will be announced on our sites and our discord!

Whispering those of us spamming chat with instructions to do so the word INVITE will auto trigger our addon to get you a guild invite unless you have a trial account.

Why Trolls?

During the first few years we did the Running of the Gnomes, we got asked a lot of really silly, Trollish questions about when we would do a run for another cause, or for the Horde. It’s fun to turn things around and do such an amazing event that will raise funds as well as awareness for a charity we truly love, The Trevor Project.

The Trevor Project not only does outreach to prevent suicide crisis with 3 forms of crisis outreach, but they do a lot of work to prevent teens and young adults from getting to that point in the first place or from returning there with lots of resource training and community resources.

We are so happy to have worked together with all of you to have raised $8,200 for them over the last four years!

Your gnome runs have a specific hair color, what hair color should I pick?

Unlike our Gnome runs, we feel that you should have a say in what hair color you decide to give to your Troll.

Please pick whatever color makes you most happy. Pick something from the pride flag that means something to you, pick a color you love. Pick a color that makes your Troll look great. In the end, we’ll wind up with a rainbow!

Where are you guys Running?

From the spot where you log in as a freshly spawned troll to the zeppelins. From there we’ll take the zeppelin to Tirisfal and run through the Plaguelands to take the Ghostlands portal until we get to Silvermoon City!

Is there an after party?

Yes! It’s more challenging than the Gnome Run, I think, because it’s harder to get into Stormwind, but people in the past have gone to go lick and kiss leaders of their choice, such as the council in Ironforge, or King Anduin, and previously Varian. My Troll personally lived in the courtyard where Rygarius’ NPC lives for a whole year!

I want to stream the event/Make a Youtube video/Art

If you want to stream or make a Youtube Video, we just ask that you share a link to the fundraising page, and take down personal donations so people don’t think that they’re giving the charity money when they are you. Sounds wild, but it’s happened.

Otherwise, PLEASE share the event! Show us your videos, art, and more, we love sharing your stuff!!

I have more questions/I want to help/I want to donate stuff to help increase donations/etc

Send me a message here/on Twitter or on Discord. You can try to reach me in game on Dravinna-MG, but I’m not always online and play at weird hours rn.

19 Likes

Save the date folks! The 29th!

5 Likes

prepare thine trollse.

1 Like

This, people need to not be so low as to steal someone’s charity event idea that they run annually.

14 Likes

Hi, my guild Old Folks Home on Dalaran would like to join you again. I know it’s a different server, but we would like to be up and ready. Can I get the date, server, times please? THanks! JoJo

3 Likes

Well that’s just scummy and bizarre. What do they even get out of trying to hijack this?

1 Like

That’s fairly low, but unsurprising from a megaguild. I have plenty of members that have been chattering about the Running of the Trolls, as well as the troll discord. I’ll be sending the info along!

3 Likes

Sadly it doesn’t surprise me coming from that guild… from my experience they have a unsavory reputation on every realm I’ve seen them on. It probably comes from the wide spamming of invites and accepting anyone without a screening. A few bad apples can ruin the whole lot. I’m glad you brought this to light and I’m looking forward to attending the real event!

4 Likes

Jesus, a quick google search is pretty enlightening. Basically just a bunch of forum posts about horrible things they’ve done, and then a MC rep saying “people hate us cuz we’re so big and awesome”. What a bunch of children.

Anyway, I’ll be sure to pass along the info to as many as I can to avoid any confusion for this very worthwhile event.

3 Likes

There’s a rule of thumb that applies to both WoW guilds and credit cards: if someone invites you to sign up unsolicited, you probably shouldn’t.

Best of luck with your event, regardless.

6 Likes

Here’s all of the info :blush:

give(dot)thetrevorproject(dot)org/fundraiser/2149206

I can’t include links. Guess I don’t have enough whatever. But you can just add dots where they belong!

1 Like
4 Likes

{\ _/}
( • . •)
/ > :doughnut: u want this?

{\ _/}
( • - •)
:doughnut:< \

3 Likes

Last week of the month is gonna be busy busy busy with ingame activities. Excited to participate again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m excited to be jumping back into stuff too!

Just a few more days until a whole lot of trolls get eaten by spiders and lynx. Lynxes? Links.

1 Like

Lynxi. Lynxipodes. Lynxipoda.

1 Like

Really excited for this. Getting my Troll in position right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Coming out of months of not playing to join this tonight!

1 Like