Running of the Corgis! - Charity Event - April/May

The FIRST Running of the Corgi’s wants you! And unlike the Corgi’s we might not march single file in a line to conceal ourselves from the enemy, but we will run together in solidarity to show our support for military members, veterans, and their families and support two amazing organizations who do just that offline; Wounded Warriors Canada, and Fisher House USA.

The Plan: For the first month, 01-30 April 2021, we will be hosting a pledge drive to raise funds for two charities! Participation in this is absolutely voluntary! There is no mandate to pledge to be a part of this event. If you’re interested, and want to show support, please come on out and have some fun!

On 01 May 2021, we will convene near the Winterspring side of The Timbermaw Hold and get ready to race on foot as a community! From Timbermaw Hold, we’ll go out past Starfall Village to around Frostsaber Rock, and then south past Mazthoril to convene in Everlook. This race is entirely on foot, and entirely here for people to have some fun. At the end, I would love to take a group shot of everyone, so please feel free to hang around and chitchat for a minute before you have to take off!

Dates:

Pledge Period: 01 – 30 April 2021
Running of the Corgis: 01 May 2021
Time: 6PM PST/9PM EST
Location: Winterspring – See the Map located in the discord server!
War Mode: Off

What to bring:

• Corgi goggles!
  • Corgi pet!
  • Elixir of Tongues!

Alliance Anchor: Keledry-Wrymrest Accord
Horde Anchor: Sellindris-Wyrmrest Accord

Discord: We do have one, although the community post isn’t letting me hyperlink! Please feel free to reach out to me at thecheeper#8128 over discord, or at @chellesqrl over Twitter with any questions, concerns, or if you are interested in grabbing that discord link!

4 Likes

I’ve pledged up to $400.00 to these charities personally, depending on number of participants. Show up and make me pay up…and maybe chip in a bit yourself!

Let’s show the world that the WOW community is a positive force in the world.

1 Like

We have two additional pledges – one for each charity;

WOUNDED WARRIORS CANADA: Pledged $1.00/participant to Wounded Warriors Canada, with a maximum of 200 corgis! (Max. $200.00 CAD) - Keledry

FISHER HOUSE USA: Pledged $1.00/participant to Fisher House USA, with a maximum of 200 corgis! (Max. $200.00 USD) - Blixvoronin

1 Like

This is going to be one of the most important events we’ve ever hosted and we’d be honoured to have as many of you attend and pledge, too. It’s for an excellent cause!

I’m very excited to participate in this event! Looking forward to seeing all these corgis!

Hey y’all! It’s about a third of the way through the month, and I’m just here to give you a little bit more information on how the run is progressing!

We are currently up to $400.00 pledged to BOTH Fisher House Foundation and Wounded Warriors Canada - IF we can get the players to fill the spots! So if you’re interested, shoot me a message here, on disc, or on Twitter (Info is in the OP), and I’ll get you hooked up! The event is again, cross-faction, and not tied to players only from WRA! We’ve got a few Moonguard folks already signed up as well!

I’m confused. It’s a race, but it’s going on for two months? When is the next run?

Sorry. It sounds interesting, but it went over my head.

Hey! To explain;

From 01 April to 30 April, we’re fundraising for the event, and getting everything out there. If people want to donate to either Wounded Warriors or Fisher House, they do so directly with those charities and simply return with ‘hey! donated X to X-charity!’ for their sign up. It’s totally not mandatory, but very welcome! Right now, we have a few donations going on, or donations that have already been made directly to one of those two charities. It’s during this month you can sign up, pass the word along, or simply come hang out in the discord and support the cause!

On 01 May, we’re having the in-game event after the month long fundraiser. This allows to get the word out for a full month beforehand, AND raise money for a great cause! :smiley:

1 Like

Ok makes a bit more sense now. So how is the event tied to the fundraising? Like, if I show up on May 1st is it just a social thing to celebrate the previous fundraising?

Yeppers! There is absolutely no requirement to participate in the April part of the event. You’re more than welcome to come lurk in the discord, that way we can sign you up, and find your character the day of!

1 Like

We hope to see a lot of you this Saturday! Even if you can’t donate, come out and support the cause!

1 Like

Hey y’all! it’s Corgi run day! if you have questions about the event and want to know more, feel free to @ me on discord or twitter at thecheeper#8128 or @chellesqrl! My hope is to have a ton of people come on out and have some fun! The event shouldn’t be long, only about an hour! So if you have nothing to do, and you’d like to support some great causes, come on down and say hi!

We are inviting for this right now! Whisper Keledry-WyrmrestAccord or find us in the group finder under the First Running of the Corgis!

Hey y’all! A last and final update until next year!

The total raised was as follows!

To Wounded Warriors Canada, we raised $760.00
To Fisher House Foundation USA, we raised $490.00

Total, we raised $1250.00 donated directly to the two charities!

Excellent work to all involved, and a HUGE thank you to the community as a whole for supporting, coming out to assist, or even just giving us a plug in your discords! All of the support given and shown was extremely appreciated!

Awesome stuff.