… gets old fast. This one thing is going to stop me playing Forever because try as I might, I am not prepared to spend hours running from place to place. In 2004 this was ‘acceptable’ because we didnt really know better but things have changed and this is now unacceptable for those of us who have better things to do
Well then this game isn’t for you.
Not sure if it occurred to anyone, but they will probably never be flying.
Oh they confirmed it. No flight. Mount at 40.
I am enjoying the walking.
PS Numcap gives you auto run.
I disagree that running is somehow bad, because it makes us actually look at the world. If you are just here to reach end game then why bother, there are other versions in your subscription that will do that. There are already clearly bad concessions that have been made to appeal to modern players, breaking a fundamental part of the core experience, the exploration, so you can get a pony isnt one they should make.
This is going back to the roots of what an mmo is. Sorry buddy but some qol changes made the game worse
I completely disagree, this is once again acceptable in a 2026 Classic+ experience and it should remain that way. The world being alive with players running around is part of it and that is a non-negotiable thing. “Better things” are there for you, this is here for the people that actually enjoy it.
why cant i just fly to the waypoint in real life who designed this
I know the zones backwards as does everyone else who has played since 2004. Seeing something in slightly higher resolution than before does not give me a high, it is simply what I expect in 2026. So, no, looking at algorithm-generated terrain is no recompense for spending far too long in ‘busy work’. It may boost played time but it severely impacts ‘enjoyment time’.
Pity because the game itself looks fine…
no one likes it but it will 100% be this way in Forever.
Its core for classic experience/version.
The world is the main character. Second is social activity. Third is you.
If you’re finding yourself being bored running from A to B either you’re not appreciating the world or not engaging socially, and both are acceptable but the experience is not really going to change for you.
So many people are struggling with this right now. What’s really funny to me is that if they just give it a chance, they might find they actually enjoy a game where the world matters. I’ve been a WoW player for nearly all of it’s 22 year run and when Classic 2019 came out I was very much a Retail Randy. I played it for nostalgia and as I was leveling, I just straight up fell in love with the game all over again.
Running to dungeons and experiencing the world was a big part of that, but even bigger was the connections I made with other people because things like running all over gave me time to do that. Retail is go go go, you never stop for a second. You get a dungeon group, you go there immediately and run it. Even for M+, the distance it takes to get to dungeons is super short because you have ultra fast flying mounts.
For a while I played both games, they just scratched different itches and that was fine, but I don’t play retail anymore. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad game, it’s just a bad game for me. Folks need to realize that wow forever just isn’t for them, and that’s ok! Or better yet, set ego aside and give it a try… they might just love it too!
Where does it take hours to get to a flight point?
Anyone who has played Classic knows that there will be summon warlocks in most major areas, so the idea that there is an argument that you have to use your keyboard and/or your mouse – perhaps even together (wild I know) – to move your character for an extended period and that is a hassle, is hilarious.
Eh. the annoyance of walking simulator comes and goes. When you’re out hammerin out quests it’s easy to ignore. Horde pally resurrection quest was kind of an obnoxious amount of walking but it is what it is. I walked from crossroads to gadget just for the heck of it to check stuff out though as well and that was neat.
It’s also only temporary. mount at 40 is a big milestone and taking time to reach it gives it meaning. epic mount at 60 you’ll feel like a bullet.
… Is glorious. Fixed it for you.
No seriously, you think it gets old fast but the friction makes the rewards better. Barely crossing the finish line in a marathon, eeking out a win in overtime, getting lost in New York and finding the best tasting pizza you ever had on a street corner.
You miss the magic if you just click thru menus to instant queue and teleport. The rewards loose their power. Everything loses its meaning when it’s easy.
LOL I have played since 2004, leveled every class and completed every raid etc. I don’t need classic andy’s telling me I might enjoy running around when I could be using a mount.
And if you say ‘enjoy the journey’ why not just walk from coast to coast in Azeroth continually a la forest gump because that is all about journey isnt it?
I do, it’s fun and you meet all kinds of cool people
Back to Retail with you, vile heathen!!
what is this nonsense word ‘friction’ that C-As have coined to euphemistically describe pain points. Friction stops things not makes them better. Get a dictionary or maybe even think for yourself for a change
This is false. Friction can also be used to accelerate things. Do you understand how the tires on your car work?