Runecarver

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the Runecarver is the Primus. He looks like the exact same being sans robe that you see in Maldraxxus. Plus there was all that business with carving runes into a runeblade, etc.

5 Likes

He has more fingers than the Primus does.

I’m personally of the opinion that he’s Arthas after timey-wimey.

Arthas was never a smith and how could arthas give himself frostmourne

2 Likes

My one hesitation with the Runecarver being the Primus is the voices do not match up… other than that it makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Primus and runecarver have different numbered fingers. One has 4 per hand and the other has 5.

2 Likes

this makes sense i wish i figured it out

Made a post regarding pros and cons a while back

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/speculation-the-identity-of-the-primus-spoilers/651553

This removes the Runecarver from the Primus identity…

Now we have to find the guy’s true identity…

Arthas taught an entire class how to use the Maw’s runes.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Oo I love theories like this.

cool show me the smithing part

https://youtu.be/q0kzk854Wbg?t=177

A lot of that depends on how much Arthas was there and how much Zovval. A lot of the designs and techniques were brought there by the Dreadlords, so presumably the DKs just took what was left and the reverse engineered and developed off it.

The only Lich King that didn’t work with Zovaal was Bolvar. It’s completely reasonable to believe that Zovaal conveyed the runesmithery to both Nerzhul and Arthas, or one or the other.

But wasn’t the runesmith the one that forged Frostmourne? The Primus seem to have disappeared just some years ago when the Jailer began to move his plan and slip away from his chains(Wotlk forward)

It could’ve been the Primus who had made Frostmourne (which was why Maldraxxus is basically the Scourge.)

Timeywimey.
Ion’s been saying funky stuff about time, waffling back and forth on his commitment to “well it’s like a dream”.

1 Like

You mean as Frostmourne was the weapon of the Primus that the Jailer took and infused with his power?

Yea the thing is that even if the Primus did Frostmourne you can’t exactly explain how the Jailer got his hands on said weapon and handle it to the legion later in a bargain

It’s more like time in SL is like the timeless island, there aren’t a cycle to indicates the end of the day and time is hard to perceive, this is why the other npc freaks out about not knowing whether 1 hour or 1 year has passed since they arrived

2 Likes

I was under the impression that the Dreadlords stole it and the Helm. Where was this stated?

There is a cutscene where the jailer and sylvanus I think are talking about how the mortals have reached the seat of the primus and at that moment it shows the runecarvers door.

the helmets look the same too.

I would say the finger thing is just an oversight in the art department