Rune of the Dawn Not applying to Hunter Magic Spells

To whom this may concern,

Rune of the Dawn is an Argent Dawn trinket that adds a magical damage bonus to undead targets. Acquiring this item on a Spell Power hunter I’m working on, I noticed that the magical bonus was not applying to any of the hunter spells (Arcane shot, Volley, Serpent Sting).

Please review. If the bonus cannot be granted to hunter abilities, I would like the option to change the trinket received to the Attack Power version. Also, perhaps classes should be listed on the trinket to avoid confusion.

However, I hope you look into making the effects apply correctly to hunter spells as making items only take effect for a specific class, regardless of armor proficiency and armor slot requirements, is usually a turn-off and confusing if the tool tip isn’t updated.

Just go back to the NPC and pick the AP one, problem solved. You’ll have to drop the caster version.

If you ever want both you can item restore the one you deleted after you select the version you want. Unsure if Blizz patched that exploit out when they patched the AQ items though.

I think that will work for the regular Argent Dawn Acquisition trinket but I’m not sure about the Spellpower/Attackpower one. The latter one is a quest reward from doing something in Strat UD.

If possible, I would like the spell power effect of the trinket to apply to magic spells of all classes, as the text implies. I know Naxx is already out and classic life my be coming to a close but there is still time before then.

Thundercluck already told you how to get the AP one so just get it.

quest=5213/the-active-agent

With our blessing, take your pick between either this Seal of the Dawn or this Rune of the Dawn. You can use either of them instead of a standard Argent Dawn Commission to collect scourgestones on our behalf. Should you lose yours, speak with me and I’ll get you a replacement.

Rune of the dawn is also not working on flame wraths fire shield. Its a bug that needs fixing.

I’m not sure the thorns like magical damage from a shield granted by a weapon is in the same league as a direct magical damage class ability/spell. I would expect it to work for the aforementioned Hunter class abilities for sure, but I would not be so sure about it scaling with a weapon proc

Spell dmg vs Undead is completely bugged and needs to be fixed immediately.

3/3 Undead Cleansing Not Benefiting Shaman Fire Totems - #4 by Thundurus-whitemane