Rumor: Thalnos is the unofficial Brazilian server

Thanks a lot for this.

I will be keeping an eye on this poll. I just want to be able to communicate with people lol. Herod is looking more and more like my choice for a pvp realm.

1 Like

Really hope this isn’t true. Please don’t let this be true. Why doesn’t SA get 1 PvP and PvE server for their own language? EU has that, seems reasonable.

9 Likes

Blizzard, PLEASE prepare 2-5 more servers for launch!! The community has shown all week in multiple message boards that they are concerned about their WoW play being tainted by popular in-game streamers (and their followers) and thousands of foreign players who greatly affect the experience of the game…

…also those realm names are embarrassing. Seriously – lame. Name one after a tier armor or epic weapon.

11 Likes

They are saying they chose Thalnos (East coast) because is the best in terms of latency(ping, ms) for people playing from Brazil. Also they expect Latam community to play on another server.
Now I can tell you, latam community is also going to choose an East coast server bc of timezone and latency aswell.

1 Like

If this is true, they should get a dedicated server, like EU’s separate languages.

5 Likes

On live they have latino and Brazil, I don’t understand why not for classic.

6 Likes

I remember back in the days i think it was Ragnaros who was chosen to be one of the Latin America server. You don’t wanna be on there.

5 Likes

150~200ms.

Brazilian vanilla/classic community is way different from Brazilian community in retail. They are used to play on international private servers using English as the language for world channels.

4 Likes

Nice try, Brazilian spy! We’re ready for you.

15 Likes

~https://imgur.com/a/11vvZjU~

1 Like

which is why i’ll wait a while before i start playing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Saying you represent 3k+ players should let Blizz know that even adding 1 BR/SA server might be the best option here.

4 Likes

No rest, for the angry dead!!!

3 Likes

So if Brazil is choosing Thalnos, does anyone know which one Latin America is leaning toward? I’d rather land in a majority English realm.

5 Likes

A large portion of Warsong’s population spoke portugese and it was a challenge to get groups and clear content, as the language barrier made communication a lot slower (with a single translator) or potentially hostile as there was in-group preference on both sides. Why doesn’t South America have their own servers separated by language, so they actually have a choice to play with other native speakers much like the European servers?

16 Likes

Blizzard’s fault. They think South Americans are too busy playing soccer and dancing samba to care about WoW.

21 Likes

Wait, so now we have to choose between portuguese or twitch speak servers? that’s neat…

8 Likes

Unfortunately that isn’t the only issue. Ragnaros players are notoriously aggressive and rude too.

12 Likes

you can at least take solace in this
if every server has a queue of 100k or more players at launch, then just wait until they make new servers
the streamers probably won’t re-roll on those new servers and its unlikely that you’ll pick the same server that brazil picks, if they even pick a new one at that point
its only a few weeks of waiting or less in order to not be on a server thats constantly full or occupied by streamers or people who don’t speak your language