Ruined Prot

crusaders judgment

1 Like

no dk is above those but its only worse in mplus cuz prot pallys do more damage but in M plus dhs are the best tanks on beta atm. In raid prots third best tank though

On the beta right now with the right setups prot can 2-3 shot people in pvp, and that’s without busted pve trinkets.

You’re saying nothing. You’re just trying to use buzz words and justify an issue you think is happening.

1 Like

This thread was a tough read could only get to like the 12th post. Prot is currently in a fantastic spot likely top 3 tanks in PvE and is top tank in PvP. Will be interesting where everything falls after all the legendaries are buffed. However Prot is insanely fun.

2 Likes

Please take a look at my SL PROTECTION: BRIEF REVIEW AND GUIDE - KYRIAN guide.

I have added the Kyrian Prot conduits to it. I think it may help you change your mind about SL prot.

2 Likes

I had to login just to tell you that you’re not comparing anything correctly at all. As mentioned above, corruption is gone. And now you are no longer max level. Prepatch you’re maxed out on leveling until the SL launches. You’re now officially 10 levels below what WILL be max level…so your comparison are like if you were to get in here crying that your 110 pally wasn’t hitting as hard as your 120 pally before prepatch. See?

1 Like

There’s a valid point to the idea that classes shouldn’t have to be maxed and kitted out to be fun though.

1 Like

Yes, it is unfortunate. But if your class was already the best it felt at lvl 40 or 30. Then that takes away from the reward of hitting max level

Ok so you are expecting to have a uber powerful tanking spec while only putting forth the minimum amount of effort?

That just is not going to happen in SL. The Prot Paladin may be the most powerful tank in SL but you are going to have to get some SL buffs to get there. Please take a look at my guide. I keep adding to it. It should answer most of your questions.

Really guys, enough talk about prot being ruined. it just isnt true. Prot is very strong in SL. You are going to love it.

1 Like

What don’t you like about it? It plays very smooth to me.

3 Likes

No, I’d just like to have a fun to play one using the available talents and spell on my way up to max. I totally understand that I’m not going to be as powerful as I was Monday for a long time.

You must be playing a different game. On beta prot pally is looking like the top or tied for the top place tank in M+.

The legendary that gives you a 50% chance of resetting captain america combined with “first avenger” talent is the most glorious and OP thing I’ve ever enjoyed in all my years of prot pally.

You want to play a joke “prot” spec go check out a prot warrior. Laugh at their DPS and lack of utility combined with them melting once dangerous magic damage starts coming in. THAT spec got horribly crippled by the removal of borrowed powers and the talent changes.

That does sound like fun. Does first avenger synergize with Divine Toll at all?

This post cites to specific issues with SL prot and offers no constructive feedback for fixing them. This post is just tr… you know the word.

Yeah I just two chested a 19 key earlier today.

Still doing the same content I was doing before pre patch, so what’s your point?

Also, play first avenger talent since it gives an absorb shield to help you out with whatever mitigation you think is an issue by having holy power

Get rid of the Holy-Power-Combo-Point-Bull$#*t!

1 Like

That is not going to happen. Was there something specific you didnt like?

Very fun, especially if you get a string of 5-10 procs in a row and see the massive damage + absorbs coming in. I had on my eye on it the moment I saw the datamined legendary powers and it is strongly changing my preference for SL tank main in M+ from brewmaster to prot pally.

I haven’t tried it with divine toll. I think that covenant ability gives it 5 HOPO (instead of just 1 for the first hit) when activated on the 1 minute cooldown. I went necrolord instead for fleshcraft + vanquisher hammer (good single target damage), but in actuality I don’t use those abilities often in an M+ run. Overall most of the covenant abilities make me say “meh ok” on my tank specs.

SL dungeons overall are loaded with casting mobs, possibly even more than in BFA. Dungeons like freehold simply don’t exist. The constant interrupting and silencing of prot pally shield tossing will be more powerful than ever in M+.

Anyways regardless of the covenant you choose, prot pally is looking VERY strong for M+ dungeons in SL. This is especially true if you are a pugger where you can’t always depend on the competence of others, while simultaneously saving them with WOG + blessings.

1 Like

That’s excellent insight. Thanks cross - and my understanding is Divine Toll will yield Holy Power based on the number of targets present (thus one target would return only 1 HoPo, but this is only from how I interpreted other write-ups, like Lincoln’s on WoWhead).

I was curious about the Divine Toll/First Avenger synergy, because it would make divine toll a possible ‘defensive’ (maybe more so than it already is) with all the additional damage creating a larger mitigation shield on your toon