RUIN is ruining Battle For Nazjatar

I really enjoy how people are taking this as an opportunity to take potshots at faction or specific posters instead of the fact that phasing can be easily broken by raid groups which ruins the experience for arguably everyone involved.

Or them adding guards around Chromie in the caverns of time. It was fine while the horde camped the Alliance. But the instant Alliance started camping Horde, they needed to put guards in.

1 Like

It sounds like Blizzards inability to handle the type of experience they are trying to create is what ruins the experience. BfN is a zergfest by nature, and one side will always be more populated by default than the other and it was largely Horde over Alliance till the RUIN raids started. If people want an instanced pvp experience with equal numbers, thatā€™s what battlegrounds are for.

If I recall people were complaining about this same sort of issue with raids attacking Dazorā€™Alor even back at launch. Itā€™s a consistent issue with the WM phasing that it just canā€™t handle a sudden giant influx of players which the random timed BfN cause. Having it on a set timer would probably be the best solution overall so at least itā€™s less sudden when a phase craps itself.

Your point?

The BfN being random isnā€™t an issue, it was just as laggy when it was on a schedule. The game canā€™t support large scale pvp generally and there have been numerous examples of such including your example.

I guess in my head if itā€™s a set time then the instance can lock itself in a way earlier before the event truly starts instead of the sudden influx after the event started. End of the day you are right though the game cannot handle giant fights like what BfN creates.

Hes a bloodelf player ; will never get it. He thinks his faction has been this good since ever.

You see :rofl:.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think it matters based on how sharding/groups work tbh. I have joined a group after the battle starts and get put in to a shard where suddenly we have all but 1 flag cap.

I wish the game could support these types of events better. Dark Age of Camelot, which came out around the same time WoW launched actually, had amazing large scale rvr gameplay (albeit they never bothered updating the graphics, but hey I love the gameplay so much you could make me a stick figure and Iā€™d take it haha)

I didnā€™t play DAOC, but I was a huge fan of Warhammer Online which had a big wPvP focus as well and I miss it dearly.
Player collision is gamechanging in a PvP environment honestly.

1 Like

omg Warhammerā€¦what a let down, but fun while it lasted. I was a Squig Herder, definitely not a perfect wpvp experience but still a LOT of fun.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Magus/Marauder here. Really a shame what happened overall.

I never got the hang of either of those classes, I enjoyed my Engie/White Lion though. I wish they hadnā€™t shut it down entirely, I played that game flaws and all till the end.

So horde dominates 95% of pvp and u mad now that an alliance make a group and beat you down?! As a lot of horde comments told me to do with war mode on alliance " Just make a group of your own"

1 Like

ā€œHorde just need to participate more.ā€

6 Likes

in case anyone missed it

op just posted on an alt agreeing with himself
and then liked his post with his main

LMAO

2 Likes

Iā€™d give you 57 likes for this one if I could

1 Like

Or they could just make rewards equal, and worthwhile for both.

Alliance go in for participation trophies, horde want to win something worth their time. Thereā€™s a big difference, and alliance are only good when the horde donā€™t show up. Itā€™s a fact.

Alsoā€¦ as I mentioned earlier OP is merely using old copy pasta to bait you guys (itā€™s working) and to advertise.

Ehh Battle for Naz is just dog :poop: anyways. Most PvP in this game is now.