Rude and Inappropriate response from Blizzard to an enquiry

That would be a dev question, GMs don’t have anything to do with game design.

12 Likes

I never said I just tried in-game, I have tried everyway I can find. Things are very circular.
And yes, this IS NOT something that can actually be “answered”. I am fully aware of what the achievement says, implies, grants, etc. I am also fully aware of what it doesn’t grant. Yes, yes, yes, people are too busy to respond, but shouldn’t an automated response reflect this and just inform you of potential delays and thereby give you the option to wait or close the ticket ?
I have rarely asked for help or tried to make suggestions etc. This has been something that most would consider trivial I know, but it’s not the point. I found the reponse I got quite rude.
Over the 20+ years I have played Blizzard games there has been a decline in how subscribers are treated, this is almost certainly due to a number of valid reasons. But to now have to use “social media” to get a response, especially for those of us who don’t use social media, is frustrating.
I don’t expect anybody here to empathise with me, as I’m not a “social” person, I hate all the forms of social media, as they are NOT social.
To all those who have responded so far, I thank you for your time and words, especially because there have been no negative or “flaming” responses.
If there was still away to make suggestions for the game, then I would’ve used that, even though I know nothing will come of it.
The achjievement path grants Captain, but nothing higher for the higher achievement.

1 Like

There is, actually. A couple of ways. You can post in General Discussion, or you can use the in-game suggestions interface.

• Go to Support

• First box is “Submit Feedback or Bug Report”

7 Likes

If you want a title added to the achievement (I think that’s what you are asking? It’s a little convolated) then your best bet would be to make a post in General Discussion or even use the in-game suggestion tool.

Making a ticket will have no affect as the GMs can’t just randomly add a title to an achievement. All making that ticket did was add one more ticket to the ever growing pile, but it wasn’t something they were ever going to be able to help with.

It’s an old achievement so not sure how keen they would be to make changes to it now, but you never know! I hope you get something for it someday.

5 Likes

If it’s the automated message I have seen, it does. It also asks if you need further assistance to reopen said ticket if further help is needed, although the option was broken.

But in your case, it simply is not something a GM can help with or answer.

4 Likes

What I got was not the type of automated response I feel it should’ve been. It didn’t offer a way to reopen the ticket. This was not initiated in-game.
I just tried to copy and paste the response I got but since it includes links, this forum won’t let me do it.

You asked something that GMs can’t answer not have GMs ever answered development questions.

To what end? They still can’t answer your question so why have the option to clog up the ticket system further.

10 Likes

This is information you should absolutely put in the survey you’re given when the ticket is closed out. Feedback is not gathered from this forum. This is literally the only forum there is that no staff comes to besides our SFAs, and they have nothing to do with the ticketing procedure.

I’m confused as to why you would need to reopen the ticket? You were just informed by Orlyia that it wasn’t something a GM could even answer, let alone do anything with. Game Masters (GMs) are not Developers (Devs). Devs design the game and all the little bits and parts. It was a Dev decision to not give the title of “Admiral” along with the achievement. Devs do not answer tickets. So your ticket was superfluous.

There was no information or resolution that the GM answering the ticket could have given you.

6 Likes

I believe there is only one response sent in the automated system.

Telling you “no” is not rude. You likely got tossed into the game hint auto reply category. It would have been better if it told you that CS are not Developers nor do they have access to them. You will not get a Developer to answer you by ticketing CS. They can’t tell you why the Devs did not add an Admiral title.

If you want to make Suggestions you can use the in-game suggestion feature or post on the Discussion forums.

When you ticket for something they can’t do, you are not going to get a reply you wish for.

Here is a great explanation of what GMs can, and more importantly, can’t do.

5 Likes

I believe this is the common response, in some iterations it includes links to wowhead, the forums, support articles, etc.

Hello Adventurer! With our ticket queues being extremely busy, and in the interest of saving you some time, we are sending you this automated reply with some resources that should help you with your issue. If you still have the same problem after going through these, please get back to us. Support Articles: Forums:
Thank you for your time!

If you continue to experience issues, you can reopen this ticket. If you have a new or separate issue, please submit a new ticket.

Make sure you complete our survey to let us know how we did.

Regards,
Blizzard Support

5 Likes

This has become pointless. I’m either not clearly making my point or people are not understanding my post.
None of the responses given have included things I don’t already know.
@Leilleath There has been no link or email asking me to do the survey. As I have had with any other tickets I have ever raised.
I suspected this would be pretty much pointless, as this was more about voicing concerns about the current ticket system responses.
So, all the responses to this are appreciated, especially for NOT dealing in sarcasm and ridicule.
Enjoy the game, in whatever form you like and that’s all from me.

Why would you need to re-open a ticket for a question you acknowledge can’t be answered, at least not by the team that addresses tickets?

If you want to pose your query to the people that do have the purview and knowledge to answer, you can send it to the devs via their Twitter page.

Edit - It should be noted that the description of the WarcraftDevs Twiiter feed specifically says

Official World of Warcraft design insights and information.

5 Likes

How do you get this page to pop up? I keep trying to find it, but I can never find it. I get the first screenshot but can never seem to find the second screenshot, in what I quoted. What do I hit in the first screenshot, to get to the second screenshot?

With the first one, you hit this button:

That’ll take you to the page to either report a bug or submit suggestions/feedback.

2 Likes

Oh OK, I kept looking at the other icons like “Account”, “Payments”, “Technical”. You figured it’d be jumbled down there and not the other stuff. I’ll have to suggest they make finding this stuff easier.

2 Likes

No doubt, using the UI you’ve just figured out. Or a post in the General DIscussion forum, which you clearly already know how to do.

1 Like

The UI I just figured out. I just want to put in suggestions without the raging posters of the forums.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Although you could post in the forum, turn around, and walk away like a boss.

Nothing any other posters would say would have any impact on getting the suggestion across to the developers, and you are not required to care about what other players say.

1 Like

I just don’t want to deal with it, period.

EDIT: Especially, when you don’t have posting rights, the in-game suggestion will work better.

1 Like