RPG element vs Min maxing

I think the ultimate takeaway is that neither side of the coin deserves to be shamed or discouraged.

People are way too different to try to force everyone down one avenue.

2 Likes

I will say. It is commonly agreed upon that there is a difference between “Min/Maxing” and “Standard Progression”. I do think that needs to be pointed out.

I agree. I don’t think anyone should be made to feel bad for playing a game in the manner they enjoy. It’s a game. It’s completely recreational.

Its fixed NOW.
There was a time when Plate wearers could maximize their DPS by using agility pieces.
Which took years for ppl to figure out.
Nowadays we have sims to figure things out 6months before we even need to know abou it. The whole mystery, the unknown, and new world component of MMORPGs is dead.

I wasn’t here at that time but looking at Leeroy wanting an INT mantle feels like it’s more fun than current’s fix stats, did they ever mention why it was removed?

because leather wearers didnt like competing with plate wearers for gear.
Which is understandable.

Ah that make sense. But if it were up to me I would gladly take some plate for my rogue because I like tanking. As a rogue. Yeah.

When I’m in a bad group with a bad tank, almost every time people would praise me for surviving longer than the tank (thanks to riposte/evasion), but nobody, almost nobody has ever praise or compliment those tanks even if they’re good.

I bet I could do better than tanking a +2 workshop if I could use some str gears.

Classic is all about this.

Every item is a warrior item.

And, I kid you not, warriors also want a full +healing set as well for Diamond Flask snapshotting.

So warriors are taking strength, agility, and healing gear with frequency.

I think that’s an extreme example.

I don’t think RPG goes against min/max, but min/max can affect RP elements, for example:
When playing my Shaman, I adore the totemic system and I really wanted to heal through Healing Stream Totem, but Azerite Traits for such are not as useful as other Traits. That’s where I had an ambiguous feeling regarding Min/Max and RP elements. That’s where Min/Max requirements crossed my fantasy image.

1 Like