[RP Story] Into the Kirin Tor [Part 1]

As told during the Tall Tales event on Jan 9, 2020.

Everyone was talking about it at the Sanctum of Enlightenment…

A marvelous city blooming with vibrant magic, an endless library full of ancient tomes waiting to be rediscovered and the greatest magi of Azeroth assembled for the sole purpose of encouraging the perseverance and research of arcane magic.

“It sounds surreal, it sounds…FANTASTIC!” I thought to myself as I finally made up my mind on visiting this grandiose city, or as some call it, Kingdom.

Easier said than done… Contacting one of the members of the Kirin Tor, let alone The Council of Six proved a challenge on its own. I needed someone that could get me into the Hall of the Guardian, which supposedly, was frequented by some of the members of The Council of Six.

Luckily, The Legion had been dealt with by the time I arrived. The Kirin Tor were a busy lot, I wouldn’t have had a chance to join them back in those rattled times.

I had met a great deal of mages during the rebellion, but only a few of those were in acquaintance with The Hall of the Guardian, and even fewer were available at the time – In fact, only one agreed to help me.

Thelesia smiles and nods softly as she seems to remember someone.

Alanah Rosegleam, from Silvermoon. She had earned quite the reputation aiding the Hall of the Guardian against The Legion, which I hoped would prove useful in contacting someone from The Council.

A couple of days went on and we were finally there, The Hall of the Guardian…

I must admit, I’m rather hard to impress when it comes to architecture and spellcasting, but I was speechless, it was truly a magnificent sight.

We went up through the stairs and headed straight into the main room. A beautiful engraved dome with purple and gold tones caught my immediate attention, but not for long, as I saw what I hoped I would see that day but, couldn’t quite believe.

Not one member of The Council, but two! Archmage Modera and Archmage Kalec were standing but a mere few meters away, near one of the towering bookshelves.

Alanah confidently went towards them, as I stood there for a second not knowing what to do. She beckoned me over and I quickly came back to my senses and joined her.

She greeted the two Archmages gracefully as I gave them a formal curtsy.

“Alanah!” Modera exclaimed “It’s great to see you whole, considering where you’ve been”

Alanah chuckled “I appreciate your concern, and it’s good to see you too.”

Modera smiled to Alanah, then quickly turned her gaze to me. “It’s my understanding you wish to join the Kirin Tor, is that right, Thelesia?”

I looked at Alanah, completely perplexed. I had no idea how Modera knew about me and my intentions. Alanah merely shrugged at me, equally perplexed.

I was just about to speak when Modera stated “We received all your previous applications. We just wanted to make sure you were serious about joining the Kirin Tor, not many persist this long.”

I raised my eyebrow and smiled slightly “I might have suspected that was the case.”

In truth, I had no idea.

Thelesia lets out a hearty chuckle.

“Consider this your first assessment, you passed.” Modera stated

I felt like I had to contain my emotions, naturally. But my head was going through every single one of them.

Modera then looked to her side at Kalec – who had been smiling at us the whole time – and gave him a swift nod.

He nodded back and said, “You will be hearing from us soon.”

To what I quickly replied “I shall be ready, and…” I paused for a moment as I struggled to gather my thoughts “Thank you, this means a lot.”

“It is noticeable.” Kalec said, as he quickly added “We should be in our way then, take care.”

Modera glanced at us, giving us a sweet smile and a reassuring nod “Good luck.”

With a twirl of his hand, a vortex of arcane energy enveloped them as they vanished from the room.

I couldn’t contain my emotions anymore; I had been striving for this for so long…

I briskly jumped on Alanah for a hug as tears, laughter and overall joy engulfed me in a moment I was certain I would never forget.

3 Likes