Rp questions

I’ve decided to play the game again and I haven’t played since pandaria so I want to re roll a new character on a new realm and I always wanted to try an rp realm. I just had a few questions.

1. What can I expect on an rp realm?

2. I enjoy over content so on an rp realm do people run raids and stuff or is their just 1 or 2 guilds that do that?

3. Horde or alliance on this server?

4. Is this server active or is it a barren server where it’s hard to find items or make money on the ah etc

Thank you for any answers

2 Likes

1) You can expect a variety of content from various communities who delve in roleplay in different ways. The forms are a great way to see what roleplay themes are around and what guilds are doing what. You can also see people recruit in game with banners or in their TRPs. (If you’re new to roleplay make sure you have the TRP3 addon).

2) There’s quite a few guilds who do content and roleplay or just content alone. You can find people recruiting here on the forms or sometimes in places like trade chat I notice are common for content orientated guilds to recruit.

3) The server does heavily favor Alliance; however there are some Horde guilds and communities that are very much worth checking out. Again, depends what you’re looking for.

4) It’s fairly active. Auction House usually has quite a lot going on there. You shouldn’t be missing out on making gold there. <3

Hope this helps. Happy adventures! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

1). What can you expect?
A). Moon Guard is no exception to the rule; anything that happens on other servers happens here.

The most radical difference is that players here care about immersion & atmosphere, Assimilating into the NPC Colony. Roleplayers actually use the walk feature.

Imagine it like theater actors; They know the difference between being In-Character and stepping Out Of Character (IC & OOC; These are important acronyms to know on Moon Guard).

2). Do You want Content?
A). Yes! Moon Guard has plenty of Raiding & PVP guilds, no shortage here.

3). Faction?
A). That’s subjective to you the individual, which theme do you enjoy, Blue or Red?
Alliance easily has the larger population bar none, so you’ll actually find what you want.
Horde is smaller but more tight-knit as a community.

4). Is the server active?
A). As stated in Q3, Yes, the Alliance is an extremely active, very large population. Definitely not a shortage of players.
Horde is (for a casual player) on life support, close to death. The community is close with each other and will organize events at specific times/dates just to make sure everyone is on at the same time, but for the casual player, it can appear pretty dead most of the time.

1. The world feels alive, more-so than usual. RP events, even if you don’t participate, are usually fun to watch.

2. Horde has a few guilds, Alliance has a few guilds. PVE isn’t as prominent, but it’s definitely there.

3. Horde’s population is… honestly small, but still fairly active as far as events go. Alliance has a booming population, but IMO less quality as far as RP goes (and word of advice, avoid Goldshire… unless you wanna see a giant trainwreck). Horde is also kind of dead if you don’t have a guild or don’t know about specific RP events.

4. Back when I still played, the server’s AH had very rarely let me down. There’s almost always a market for something or another.

1. Not much to add to what has already been said. There are a lot of community events that happen. Including numerous monthly ones.

2. There is some PvE groups, and it is pretty easy to get a World Boss group when they are new, you aren’t going to see much PvE. It is an RP Realm, so that is why most people are there.

3. While both sides have people/guilds. You are mostly going to see Alliance. And from what I have seen between the two, and I haven’t had a Horde on MG for a long time, Alliance has far more walk ups. But there is a lot of Horde/Alliance events together. Especially now that we have cross faction groups.

4. Very very active. Probably far more active than most severs. It is a High to Full population world. And while there may not always be a lot of people on in the morning, over the last two years, I’ve seen more and more people coming.

Pretty much the same on other realms. Goldshire has a bad ERP rep (and it is earned) but avoiding it is easy.

Yea from what I’ve seen there is ample PVE/PVP/M+ action.

As echoed, the server is Alliance heavy but Horde side is quite excellent. Recent server transfer myself but my job suddenly changed and I can’t stay on past 8 server time so I haven’t pursued anything RP wise. Hope this changes but… gotta pay the bills.

A special note is that there are lots of cross faction RP as well. More than I’ve seen on any other server.

Depends on when you are on. Peak times are after 8 server. Alliance side is always pretty populated.

Overall this is one of the best servers I’ve experienced. A discord/channel list post is linked below.

1 Like