RP-PvP Realms at Launch

Does anyone know if this has been confirmed yet after the dozens of posts and thousands of people advocating for their addition at launch? That time is rapidly approaching.

This request is a must-have.

Sadly, I suspect that Blizzard intends to add them later on rather than immediately solely for the objective of forcing players to pay a realm transfer fee so they can make another quick buck off of us. I reckon that most of Classic players will be older with full time jobs and families, thus making it impractical for us to simply start from scratch on RP-PvP realms while abandoning our initial characters due to the time investment involved. Furthermore, those of us with pre-existing guilds can’t be reasonably expected to mandate a realm transfer to all of our members once RP-PvP realms are eventually added. It would result in drama, frustration, wasted money, and likely a fracturing of those communities.

Seems pretty scummy to me.

Do we need to keep making noise, or what?

13 Likes

Sorry if I sound cranky, but this’ll be an issue for most people. I see this reasoning used so often that I’ve lost sympathy for it.

Time is valuable regardless, and I also hope they add an RP-PvP realm at launch.

As for if there have been any updates? Not that I know of; the community has been vocal about wanting one, though.

4 Likes

You’re absolutely right. Forgive my subjectivity. This is an issue for every person desiring to play on an RP-PvP realm regardless of lifestyle.

3 Likes

If you want RP-PVP realms keep making noise. As of this moment Blizzard does not plan on having them. You can always hope though. Maybe they will change their minds.

11 Likes

We need an RP-PvP realm at launch! Just one! This is so important to the immersion of the game. How can I be RP without also slaughtering every scummy orc I see?

9 Likes

I was looking forward to role playing a psychopath warlock serial killer. :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

Time investments aside, they need a RP-PvP server at launch to avoid the problems that would come out of adding a server later down the line.

A lot of people wont be able to be bothered to leave their established servers at that point, and depending on just how long after launch it is the FRESH mentality might have people flooding to the server who aren’t interested in RP-PvP but just having a new server.

11 Likes

+1 vote for RP-PVP at launch.

3 Likes

Another thread about RP-PVP servers? Let me slap my +1 in here. RP-PVP is where I want to be. I am optimistic that we will be seeing a realm list with RP-PVP present and accounted for.

3 Likes

It makes all the difference in the world to have even just 1 realm for us, up at launch. It’s just a server tag. Telling us where to go. Left to guess, we’re utterly guaranteed to fragment. Just one at launch.

5 Likes

I had always played on Emerald Dream (RP-PvP) until the release of warmode in retail. As warmode will not be in classic for obvious reasons, I expect Blizzard to provide at least one RP-PvP server for all of the players who enjoy those type servers most.

Keep posting, make your voices heard. We MUST have RP-PvP realms upon classic’s launch!!

1 Like

Upvote for rppvp. I have 10+ friends lined up for rppvp.

1 Like

Yo, noise is always great and good to see new comrade posters around here, but let’s do our best to bump one massive thread instead of make many. United we are stronk

So post here friend.

None of the Realms listed in game are RP-PVP :frowning:

And we hope it stays this way. No need to waste a server slot on such a niche realm type.

You hope that. I don’t.

2 Likes

You’re blind to think this, if it’s not just a troll post. RP-PVP will be much more popular than you think.

There wasn’t a single person on this forum that thought there wouldn’t be rp pvp servers until blizzard posted their nonsensical idea that they were niche. No one was calling them niche or even thinking about it.

It’s a dumb thought, blizzard needs to realize it’s a dumb thought and make one. Hell rp pve servers are more niche than the pvp ones.

Here’s what probably happened: Some casual that works in activision got ganked on a rp pvp server, his feelings were hurt, and he doesn’t want to relive the pain. So now they’re niche and unpopular. Probably was an alliance night elf priest. Was busy jumping around, some rogue smacked him into reality when he was on his way to the night elf mailbox party or whatever it is night elves rp, and he decided no one should ever do that again.

1 Like