RP-PVP. A love letter. And a few Stats.

Fantastic post and story! I very much enjoyed reading…well, except for the Watch losing part :wink:

1 Like

I’m thinking about maining undead rogue. I’ve literally never played vanilla wow still (though I intend to check it out on the Stress Test later) so I’m not sure how it’ll go for me yet, but if it pulls me in the same way that WoW did back when I started in Wotlk, I’ll definitely be up for getting together and doing stuff.

I do feel like a big part of getting hooked into Classic for me will depend on there being an actual RP-PvP server though, so fingers crossed on that front. If not, we are going to have to figure out which PvP server to go to, and hopefully avoid the majority of the streamers in doing so.

3 Likes

Yes please to RP-PVP. I’ll say it as many times as I have to until we get it.

3 Likes

I support the request for a RP-PVP server. Without a single doubt, the very best experiences in my 15 years of playing this game have come from roleplay and pvp or raiding with roleplayers. I invited players to my wedding. I moved near a few when trying out other states. I wholeheartedly request a server to call home in classic, because it’s not the bosses that call me back to the game or the endless battles, it’s the people and the stories we create and live together.

3 Likes

At the point where they are bringing something back “for the players” and then ignoring the requests and needs of the players I would have to agree with you.

I get it with live, they are taking it a very different design route from what the original players are interested in. But Classic? This is our thing, a love letter to the original game. To have a portion of the player base ignored and have their experienced marred just isn’t in the spirit of what Classic is about.

5 Likes

With a static end game, the longevity of servers is going to be either tied to RP, PvP, or constant leveling of alts. The RPPvP server type has the first two tied up in a neat bow.

I played on Lightninghoof from mid ICC tier to the last week of Heart of Fear/Mogushan Vaults (we moved to the server to join a RL friend whose guild wanted to recruit a healing priest and a warlock - matching my spouse and I). We left because recruiting for raiding had basically disappeared (Cadia and Reckoning - one blowing up and the other transfering off in Cata sort of killed the server for raiding on Alliance side).

I spent a lot of time kicking horde out of Honor Hold and then camping them for it to punish them. It was sort of our thing. “So and so is in Honor Hold again.” “Hang on, be right there.” You can cross reference that to the time I was on the server and note that we defended “old content”.

I’m not a fan of random pvp in random locations in the world. I’ll defend a questing hub… oh… long time… and if irritated enough, I’ll join a group to take out the corresponding quest hub after we “win”. I’ll join a raid to take down a horde city boss. I’d do RPPvP, but I won’t join a straight PvP server.

3 Likes

I never played Vanilla, I’m a Catababy. I started on Crushridge, and rolled a new character on Emerald Dream because a friend was transferring there to RP. I never got into the RP scene, but the World PvP and community on ED are something that kept me playing longer than gameplay alone.

While I am not really interested in RP (I’d still follow the rules of an RP server), I was looking forward to finding that kind of driven community in Classic. Not having at least one RP-PvP server would be a shame.

3 Likes

Appreciate the post, although I’ve not rolled an RP-PVP toon, absolutely respect those who are passionate about it and ask Blizzard to consider it from another industry’s perspective-automakers
The 911 and Mustang, in the new world of SUVs, will never be where the highest sales volume comes from but remain a crucial part of the brand as ‘halo/heritage’ vehicles expressing their culture.
Anyone can make a car; anyone can make an MMO; the RP-PVP community is part of WoWs identity

5 Likes

Still holding out for a response!

1 Like

I’ll zug my way back to TNG if we get a new RP-PvP Server.

• Swerto, under his new lame DK identity.
4 Likes

Of the 12 years I’ve played this game, and having transferred to so many servers finding an identity, I can say with 100% certainty that an RP-PVP was the by far the best choice when it came to community and activities. I’m still on Emerald Dream today since I made the move at the end of MOP.

5 Likes

Oh Crap its a Urivial. I haven’t seen you in years.

1 Like

/support

If they put in an RP-PVP server I will consider making it my home. I would love to see support for that sort of community.

3 Likes

From what I’ve read, Ion H. says that RP-PVP servers are “too niche” so they’re not going to add them.

Please rethink that, devs, and add at least one RP-PVP server to Classic.

2 Likes