RP-PVE servers should not exist

The whole idea of being able to individually toggle the war on or off is totally antithetical with the theme of role playing.

3 Likes

What if I’m role playing a consciousness objector who only heals players?

2 Likes

We’re roleplaying a version of the world where both sides agree not to attack the other side’s adventurers unless they have a special badge to notify they’re willing to fight.

and everybody is super honourable about it.

5 Likes

Toggle war is not classic. Go back to retail

2 Likes

then you are in the war

No, in classic you can flag yourself for pvp if you are on a pve server which is what they are talking about.

You’d know if you weren’t playing retail.

4 Likes

What do you care? let ppl play how they want

1 Like

“I don’t like something so it shouldn’t exist”

4 Likes

Wrong.

care to elaborate? you immerse yourself in a WORLD AT WAR, but you, the individual, if it is an inconvenience to you at the time, are able to make yourself no longer a participant in the overarching conflict.

its a logical inconsistency.

Also, I don’t care if these servers exist truly. Just pointing out a contradiction and trying to have a fun, hypothetical discussion. Take it easy nerds jfc.

2 Likes

what do any of you limp wrist canadians know about being in a war?

nothing

in war you dont level up, you fight with your fists until you’re capital D dead

you want to roleplay like you’re at war? go outside and roll around in the mud. happy now?

1 Like

true role players LIKE ME will be doing things iron man mode. then i RP my character’s soul being in anguish because i have no online friends and thus no e-funeral

No one cares what you think

Who needs war when you have the Goldshire Inn

So don’t play on them. Problem solved.

2 Likes

Oh, you’re paying attention to lore. Now I understand.

Nevermind.

i really don’t care about learning the made-up history of a made-up place.

Hey look, the anti-world buff guy is a hypocrite. I woulda never guessed.

warmode is retail. either you got wrong forum or are just stupid. probably both lol

Ah so you are ok with CERTAIN lore to justify things, like thralls horde is the BBEG horde, when it’s not.

If anything, this just means blizzard didn’t really think of how they wanted the horde to be in the first place. Yes I do agree with the “World of Warcraft” Being at war, but guess what, retails version of it is infinitely better compared to vanilla.