RP newbie, question about guilds

Hi Moon Guard. I’ve seen a ton of fun looking guilds, racial guilds, themed, etc. I was just curious with all this, are people generally members of more than one? Is that frowned on?

I’m new to the game and am afraid to join a guild if I wind up not clicking with my character. I’ve only taken a mage to lvl 50 and it… just isn’t for me, so I’m trying other classes to see what fits but still want to learn to RP.

Advice appreciated, extreme newbie :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I do this EXACT thing, Zharuk! I have been a member of a few guilds here and there, where the RP aspect wasn’t entirely everything I was looking for. So I settled on my character only having “affiliations” with guilds / organizations and it has been the best RP decision I have made! I’m technically not in ANY guild at the moment, but I’m considered an honorary member by quite a few! Sure, I’m missing out of some of the nifty Guild perk mechanics in the game, but I mostly RP nowadays anyway, so it’s no bother to me. :blush:

6 Likes

My experience has been that most RP guilds are active enough that it’s hard to split time between them, but the level of activity will definitely depend on the player and the particular guild. I don’t think I’ve heard of any guilds having a rule (written or unwritten) about only being in their guild, but some may have an activity policy in that you have to be online at least every X days or attend an event every Y weeks.

I think being in 2 active RP guilds would be fine for most casual RPers, though if you’re splitting your time between that and PvE or PvP, or multiple alts within those guilds, it may be harder. I think trying to balance a 3rd guild sounds pretty hard to me, but your mileage may vary!

2 Likes

Most rp guilds understand that players are going to have rp, pve, or pvp characters in various guilds: it’s normal. The main thing most guilds do not want are inactive alts that just sit untouched. Activity, even casual activity, is important. Without active players and characters, it is impossible to create the stability to foster a rp community.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input. For the moment I guess I’ll keep trying classes to see what clicks and look at some of the public rp events I keep reading about.

Is there a server Discord channel or chat channel on Alliance/Horde for roleplaying? Just curious.

Yeah these would be your best options, they’re both very helpful for finding guilds.

discord.gg/PYfrDW73Pp - Coalition of the Horde
discord.gg/7PVbEQZ - Grand Alliance

3 Likes

Thank you, Kylana :slight_smile: