rp:Friends Addon

Hi everyone! I made a new addon recently that’s called rp:Friends. It’s an alternate friendslist display designed for roleplayers.

It works with your normal list of friends, both server-level and BattleNet friends, to show you the information that you want to see. Features include:

• Choose which columns you want to display.
  • Displaying columns based on RP addons such as TRP3 and MyRolePlay.
  • Sorting, searching, and filtering your friendslist.
  • Hiding BattleNet friends who aren’t currently on WoW.
  • Creating your own categories to group the friends on your list.
  • Click to open RP profiles in your favorite RP addon.
  • Mouse over icons to show friend notes, current/OOC info, and BattleNet broadcasts.
  • And more! Plus all the normal stuff you expect from your friends list.

Check out rp:Friends over on CurseForge or in your Twitch client!

8 Likes

Downloaded it just now! Looking forward to trying it out. :grin:

There are a few bugs in this that I am currently fixing, but that probably won’t be out until after the weekend.

I don’t get it?

How is this any different from TRP and the already preset in-game features? I already have a friends list, plus TRP has a RP Finder.

I mean, is this real or?

1 Like

Huge fan of yer Boralus: RP addon. Thank you fer all that you do!

Makers.

1 Like

Are you saying the only difference is the ‘maker’ or? Again, I’m still confused and I have yet to see how this add-on is any different than some already offered.

Makers as in “Makers, bless this soul.”

Do you have an axe to grind or something with all this “I don’t get it” “is this real” “how is this different” silliness? The OP explains it pretty well, and the actual curse page goes further in depth, pictures and all.

In the off chance you’re being sincere: it’s a target frame/tool tip customizer that appeals to players with RP addons, greatly enhancing it well beyond what the retail UI offers. And I barely do the addon justice as far as trying to explain it here. If yer interested in the slightest with addons that supplement role players then download it and try it out.

6 Likes

No, no, not at all. It just seems like (I say this at the risk of sounding harsh) but, …like a copycat kind of? I mean, in-game feats are so little utilized nowadays and with MRP/TRP it’s my opinion, they kind of killed real-roleplaying on WoW.

But alas, I use TRP and it’s nice to have a RP finder, and or to see who’s actually experienced with roleplaying or just “making it up as they go.”

Idk, just seems like a copycat prog imo.
That’s all. Sorry if I seem brash.

I find it helpful to use as a database of the RPers I frequently talk to, not just to see if they’re online, but as a quick shortcut to their profiles, instead of finding them in the world and such.

3 Likes

A nice little addon. Well done!

1 Like

Is there something you’re not understanding about the addon?

If you don’t like it, you don’t have to use it, of course.

It’s not really a “copycat prog”, though. It does a lot of stuff that you don’t currently get from the existing default friendslist or from MRP or TRP3. I listed most of them in my original post.

As Drannon suggests, going to the CurseForge page you can find a lot of details about the addon. (Although I think you might have given the description for rp:tags rather than rp:Friends!)

But Dygr if you have specific questions I’ll be glad to answer them.

1 Like

Whoops! That I did, sorry!

Hey, I want to try this addon out but I’m not sure how to manually install it… where do I extract the files to?

My twitch client sucks and refuses to download it sooo this is my only option :neutral_face:

edit: figured it out! turn out google is my friend ^^

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner, Stefany, but I’m glad you figured it out!