[RP] All Anonymous Merchandise Swap!

All Anonymous Merchandise Swap Returns!

The AAMS is pleased to announce this year’s secret gift exchange. It’s all about celebrating the season of kindness and sharing! If you’d like to give and receive a secret gift for Winter’s Veil, this is your chance!

If you sign up for this fabulous program:

• You’ll be assigned a random other participant. You will be responsible for giving this person a gift!

• On the flip side, you will also receive a gift from another participant!

Note that because we’re the AAMS, this program is open to all of our clients, and you may be paired up with a member of the opposite faction.

One major change this year is that all presents will be mailed by Dec. 25th rather than hand delivered, due to staff shortages.

Rules:

• The gift must be something we can do entirely within the game. Do not send us store codes, gift card codes, or ask us to send the recipient to an external website. That includes a ban on Blizzard shop items.

• Don’t wrap the present! Complimentary wrapping is provided and we have to store everything in our banks unwrapped so we can properly track presents. Save yourself a few silver.

• Six or less items, including any letters! Everything must be able to fit inside a single /trade.

• The gift must not obviously harm the recipient or the courier. That’s just one of our general rules for any package we send, any time of the year.

• Anyone who does not turn in a gift by the end of Dec. 22 will not be eligible to receive their gift. This will make the person who sent you a present very sad. It will also make us find a last minute gift for your recipient, and who likes last minute shopping?

Schedule:

Add your name to this thread or talk to a member of the AAMS to sign up

Assignments: Dec. 3/4th
You’ll receive your assigned gift recipient in the mail.

Send in your gifts! Dec. 3rd-22nd
You have three weeks to find the perfect gift and turn it into the AAMS! Either mail us or /trade it to an AAMS member.

Dec. 23-24th
Gifts will be mailed to their recipients! Remember not to open them until the 25th!

FAQ

What sort of presents should I buy?

This is a role playing event, so don’t worry about buying something super impressive or expensive that takes up all your gold.

Send a rock and tell us it’s geode.
Buy some inks and send a calligraphy set.
Send us a book and say it’s a rare first-edition history.
It’s up to you to be creative!

How do I sign up?

Talk to a member of the AAMS in game, add a post to this forum thread, or send an in game to mail Derscha-CenarionCircle on Alliance or Kezrin-CenarionCircle on Horde.

What happens if I don’t turn in a present?

If you do not turn in a present by Dec. 22, you will not receive a present in the mail.

Does it have to be anonymous?

By default, we won’t give any names unless the sender of the gift specifically tells us it’s okay or includes a note with their name.

I’ve selected a present. Now what?

Please either give it to any AAMS guildmember you see online, or you can mail it to Derscha-CenarionCircle on Alliance or Kezrin-CenarionCircle for Horde. We will deliver the present for you. Do not wrap it!

Can you please pair me up with so-and-so?

No, the pairings are random. We can’t honor requests for specific names or factions; it would go against the program! You are free to ask us to deliver an anonymous present as a separate request outside of the swap.

Can I sign up all my alts?

Please limit yourself to two characters total. So you can have 1 Alliance and 1 Horde, or two from one faction.

Can I sign up someone else who isn’t me?

You can choose to have someone else receive your gift, but you will still be responsible for buying a present for your assigned recipient. If you don’t turn in a present, the person you signed up will not receive one.

If you’ve got other questions, feel free to ask or bug us in game!

4 Likes

This has always been a fun annual challenge, so sign me up.

2 Likes

I participated on my hunter last year and thought this was so fun! Please sign me up on Misschris this year!

2 Likes

Decided this year to post a list of everyone I’ve currently have signed up so you can see if I’ve added your name to the list or if you need to poke me a few more times ^.^

Calent-CC [A]
Corian-SoE [H]
Dorian-CC [H]
Genevra-CC [A]
Gretchen-CC [A]
Lucifur-Soe [H]
Maxla-Soe [H]
Misschris-CC [A]
Swizelle-CC [H]
Tshijunah-SoE [H]
Gyelfei-SoE [A]
Lellith-SoE [H]
Mingonashoba-CC [H]
Adassos-CC [H]
Loshing-SoE [H]
Chambliss-CC [A]
Urgan-CC [H] shaman
Ursulixxi-[H]
Eleya-SoE [H]

1 Like

Mingonashoba staggers up to the doors of the AAMS offices in Thunder Bluff, decked in an atrociously gaudy sweater, wreaths and lights hanging from his horns.

Make it stop! Make it STOP! I’ll participate, I’ll swap presents with High Tinker Mekkatorque if I have to, but please make the earworm STOP!

Mingo falls to his knees, humming the “Greatfather Winter” song to nobody in particular.

…Greatfather Winter’s on his way…

1 Like

Chambliss will participate. He loves this sort of thing. This sort of thing being anything in existence.

2 Likes

I’ve collected all the names.

Letters have been sent!

If you have not received yours, please let me know in case I misstyped a name :slight_smile:

1 Like

All gifts have been mailed!

Thank you to everyone who participated this year!

1 Like