[RP] All Anonymous Merchandise Swap 2022

:gift: :gift: :gift:
The Anytime, Anywhere Messenger Service presents

The All Anonymous Merchandise Swap 2022

((OOC Note: We’ve updated the FAQ and Sign Up methods for 2022, please read below))

That’s right, it’s time for the return of the annual holiday gift giving tradition!

The AAMS will be hosting an anonymous gift swap for its clientele. If you sign up, you will be given the name of another participant. It will be your responsibility to provide a gift for them! In the meantime, another participant will be thinking of a gift for you!

Please contact your local AAMS office or courier for sign-up forms.

This year’s schedule:

Dec. 5th: Last day to sign up for the program

Dec. 6th: You’ll receive a letter from the AAMS stating who to purchase a gift for. You may turn your present to the AAMS any time before January 1st, but the sooner the better! You will not receive your present until you turn your assignment in.

Dec.16-Jan. 1st: The AAMS will be delivering presents!

Jan. 2nd: Any undelivered presents will be mailed.

OOC Rules, FAQ, & Notes

This year, we will be continuing to provide expanded gift-giving coverage to the Four Realms Discord and our extended RP community. As such, members of our RP community who are not actively subbed to the game can still participate.

ALSO for those of you who are in Discord, we have a new method of signing up for the gift swap and turning in the gifts, SendyBot! Aeolynn’s player has been hard at work to make SendyBot a useful helper for the AAMS and this will be its first major test.

• How do I sign up?

We are accepting sign-up on the forums, in Discord via DMs or SendyBot, or through RP in whatever your preferred RP method is.

Please provide your character’s name and your contact info. Contact information would be your character’s name and realm in-game and/or your Discord handle if you want to be contacted on the Discord server.

(I love you all, but I don’t have a perfect memory for who is which character in Discord <3 )

• How do I use SendyBot?

Typing /sendybot will bring up a list of commands.

The Discord command for registering for the gift swap is
/gift-swap-register

To submit a gift, or request a delivery outside of the gift swap, use
/delivery-request

If you have any trouble, please talk to a member of the AAMS so we can troubleshoot or take your registration manually.

• Can I sign up all my alts?

Each person entering is limited to two (2) characters max. It makes it a lot harder to pair up people randomly with other folks when six characters are all the same player…

• How do I turn in a gift?

After you’ve selected a gift, please turn it in to a member of the AAMS. Do not send it directly to the recipient.

You can turn it in by mailing us in-game, talking directly to a member, or using SendyBot in Discord.

• What kind of gift can I send?

This is an RP event, so let your imagination be your guide. Gifts this year can be entirely text-based if you want to describe a cool weapon, an interesting antique, or write a poem. You don’t have to buy anything in the game unless you want to add extra flavor.

We will let you know if your gift recipient is on Discord and eligible for Discord-based gifts.

We do have some guidelines:

• The gift must not obviously harm the courier or recipient. That’s just a general year-round rule!

• In-game items are limited to 12 items or fewer. If you do decide to send an item, everything, including notes, must fit inside a single in-game letter.

• Discord gifts must fit inside a single message and are limited to one imbed. If you are giving a text-based gift to someone in Discord, the entire description and text must fit inside a single Discord message. Any images or other files must be able to be shown in Discord without opening a web browser or application and you are limited to one link. Please don’t send a slideshow or a novel!

• No gift cards, store items, or anything involving real money transactions.

• If you are not subbed and want to send something in-game, we will buy one item for you …as long as that item is easily obtainable and not something that needs to be farmed.

• How do the gifts get delivered?

Please send your gift, whether an in-game item, text message, or whatever creative idea you come up with to the AAMS. We will deliver it for you according to the recipient’s preferences.

• Can I sign up someone who isn’t me?

You may sign up for someone else to receive a surprise gift, but you will still be responsible for providing a gift for another participant. You will need to provide their contact information for proper delivery.

• What happens if I don’t turn in a gift?

To keep things fair, we won’t give you your gift until you have turned one in for someone else. If you don’t provide a gift, then we have to scramble to create one ourselves at the end of the event and the other player is left waiting and sad. Don’t make other people sad!

• Can you please pair me up with so-and-so?

No, the pairings are random. We can’t honor requests for specific names or factions; it would go against the program! You are free to ask us to deliver an anonymous present as a separate request outside of the gift swap.

• I’m not subbed and am not in a supported Discord. Can I sign up via [other method]?

Unfortunately, no. This is a new program for us and we want to keep it as simple as possible, which means limiting it to people we can already contact easily via Discord or in-game. If you play in one of the connected realms of Cenarion Circle, Sisters of Elune, Blackwater Raiders, or Shadow Council you are welcome to join us at the primary Four Realms Discord server via this link: https://discord.gg/rSgJHwwzAJ

If you have other questions feel free to hit me up in-game on Derscha-CC or Kezrin-CC, or in the Discord as Musicita.

Oh you know I’m signing up for this!