[RP A/H] Armistice Ball 2021

[RP A/H] ARMISTICE BALL 2021
Presented by the
Anytime, Anywhere Messenger Service

It’s that time of the year again-

The AAMS is proud to announce our Annual Armistice Ball!

The Armistice Ball is a night to remember the Battle of Mt. Hyjal and the coming together of both Horde and Alliance in a common cause. We invite everyone willing to share a night of peace to join us for a evening of commemoration, camaraderie, and cacophony music provided by the esteemed Mingonashoba.

When: November 13, 8pm Server
Where: Concourse of Destiny, Suramar City
(Near entrance to Court of Stars)
Formal attire is requested.

OOC:

The Armistice Ball is one of the AAMS’s and our server’s longest running traditions, and an event we’re very proud to host. It is a cross faction event, so all are welcome to attend. I hope to see many of you there!

We recommend you purchase a few [Elixir of Tongues] from the vendor in Dalaran (Legion) before attending, but the AAMS will have extra on hand just in case.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=2460/elixir-of-tongues

2 Likes

((

It’s Saturday night, and you’re off to the local roller rink with your friends. After paying the door fee, you strap on your favorite set of Rollerblades (or quads!), and just as you’re about to hit the boards, the DJ calls out,

“Get in your requests now, let’s hear your jams! This is an all request, all skate!”

So, what do you get down to, what’s your rink anthem? Dance, r&b, rap, pop? …Polka? Drop me a whisper in game or on our Discord and give me your three best suggestions. I’ll choose one from each person and work them into the show. Deadline is Thursday, October 28th!))

1 Like

*bump*
I got a whole 2 people giving me requests. :frowning:

I’m sorry, I wanted to but missed the deadline.

I weep.

1 Like

We’ll be hosting this year’s ball in Suramar again, at the Concourse of Destiny

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Kittens! Kittens! Kittens!

Hi, I’m Mingonashoba, President and CEO of Mingonashoba’s Cute Kitten Collection Corner Co-Op and Warehouse! Thanks to a shipping error I am now currently overstocked on cute kittens, and I am passing the savings on to yoooooooou!

Do you like kittens? Do you like the exhiliarating scent of roasted hickory? Come on down to Mingonashoba’s Cute Kitten Collection Corner Co-Op and Warehouse, where one day only, Saturday, our kittens are ENHANCED to give you that fresh campfire sensation!

The first 20 ((horde)) people through the doors gets their very own smoke and fire-enhanced Cat Carrier (White Kitten) FREE OF CHARGE!

((To note, if you’re not on CC/SoE/BR/SC, I don’t think I’ll be able to trade you a kitten. Sorry in advance!
Also, to listen to the music tomorrow just open http://radio.topshell.net:8000 in either your favorite media player, or in a web browser!
Also also, I need to know some A-side players who will be coming for most of the evening, we’re going to need some cross-server party/raid anchors.))

2 Likes

Fire enhanced kittens. How interesting.

I should be there most of the evening unless something drastic happens.

1 Like

Thank you all for a fantastic event–dancing until the sun started to rise in Suramar! Thank you to the AAMS for hosting, Mingonashoba for a superb playlist, and to everyone who joined the party.

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone who attended! I always get super nervous no one will show up :sweat_smile:

For those who missed it, here is Derscha’s speechification on food, minus her admonishments to the crowd :stuck_out_tongue:

Good evening, everyone! It always pleases me to see how many folks join us on this special night. Today is when we commemorate the Battle of My Hyjal, when the people of Azeroth put aside their differences to work together on a common goal.

The downside of all of you being here is that I have to give a speech!

This past year has been a strange one. When we promised to deliver to ‘Northrend or beyond’ I certainly never expected that to include the Great Beyond. Right now you’re probably expecting a speech about how the covenants have all come together for a common cause, etcetera, etcetera, but no… I’m here to talk about… the food.

Oh, my, the food. I had thought some of the mystery meat in Northrend was interesting.

The brokers are certainly trying. Pickled meat smoothie, anyone?

The AAMS has also been busy providing palatable provisions to souls seeking sustenance. It’s been quite the culinary adventure trying to feed so many different people from all walks of life and after-life.

Food often isn’t just about the nutrition, but the culture and tradition, the feeling of home when we have our favorite foods. Food is part of what defines us as a people. Combining unusual flavors and techniques can leave us feeling unsettled and turned off when we’re not used to it. Sometimes, though, putting aside preconceptions and trying new combinations can lead to finding new favorite foods!

Tonight, we’ve made an effort to bring together favorite foods from all over Azeroth and (ah-hem) Beyond. These are foods that wouldn’t normally sit together on the same table. The Armistice Ball, however, I feel is the perfect time for everyone to try a dish from someone else’s menu. Get a taste of someone else’s point of view!

With that in mind, I hope all of you can raise a glass of your favorite- or someone else’s favorite- drink in honor of those who came before us. To those who did more than break bread together, the heroes who broke hostilities to save our world. To the Heroes of Mt Hyjal!

toast

2 Likes

And if anyone would like, I have built a Spotify playlist that contains most of the songs from the party. Minus some of the classical stuff during Derscha’s speech, and some mashups that are not in the Spotify database:

1 Like

I’m sorry I missed it, but I’m glad you guys still do this every year. I remember the very first Ball - one of many fond memories of a very special time.

4 Likes