[RP A/H] All Anonymous Gift Swap 2020!

:gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift:

Anonymous Merchandise Swap 2020!

:gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift:

The world might be falling apart, but you know what cheers up a lot of people? Shopping! And getting gifts!

The AAMS is pleased to announce this year’s secret gift exchange… It’s all about celebrating the season of kindness and sharing! If you’d like to give and receive a secret gift for Winter’s Veil, this is your chance!

If you sign up for this fabulous program:

• You’ll be assigned a random other participant. You will be responsible for giving this person a gift!
  • On the flip side, you will also receive a gift from another random participant!

Note that because we’re the AAMS, this program is open to all of our clients, and you may be paired up with a member of the opposite faction.

Rules:

• The gift must be something we can do entirely within the game. Do not send us store codes, gift card codes, or ask us to send the recipient to an external website. That includes a ban on Blizzard shop items.
  • Don’t wrap the present! Complimentary wrapping is provided and we have to store everything in our banks unwrapped so we can properly track presents. Save yourself a few silver.
  • Six or less items, including any letters! Everything must be able to fit inside a single /trade.
  • We can’t accept TRP items or items that require a specific add-on to use, store, or trade properly. Your courier or recipient may not have that add-on installed, and we can’t store TRPE items in the guild bank.
  • The gift must not obviously harm the recipient or the courier. That’s just one of our general rules for any package we send, any time of the year.
  • Anyone who does not turn in a gift by the end of Dec. 31st will not be eligible to receive their gift. This will make the person who sent you a present very sad. It will also make us find a last minute gift for your recipient, and while we like shopping, who likes last minute shopping?

Schedule: :spiral_calendar:

Add your name to this thread or talk to a member of the AAMS to sign up

Assignments: by Dec. 9th
You’ll receive your assigned gift recipient’s name in the mail.

Send in your gifts! Dec. 10th-31st
You have three weeks to find the perfect gift and turn it into the AAMS! Either mail us or /trade it to an AAMS member.

Dec. 16-31st
The AAMS will start to deliver gifts as we receive them and people become eligible to receive. Only those who have turned in their gift will be able to receive theirs in turn.

Jan. 1-2:
Any remaining gifts not delivered in person will be mailed.

FAQ :grey_question:

What sort of presents should I buy?

• This is a role playing event, so don’t worry about buying something super impressive or expensive that takes up all your gold.
    Send a rock and tell us it’s geode.
    Buy some inks and send a calligraphy set.
    Send us a book and say it’s a rare first-edition history.
    It’s up to you to be creative!

How do I sign up?

• Talk to a member of the AAMS in game, add a post to this forum thread, contact Musicita in the server discord, or send an in game to mail Derscha-CenarionCircle on Alliance or Kezrin-CenarionCircle on Horde. Lots of options!

What happens if I don’t turn in a present?

• If you do not turn in a present by Dec. 31, you will not receive a present. This is to make it fair for everyone.

Does it have to be anonymous?

• By default, we won’t give any names unless the sender of the gift specifically tells us it’s okay or includes a note with their name.

I’ve selected a present. Now what?

• Please either give it to any AAMS guild member you see online, or you can mail it to Derscha-CenarionCircle on Alliance or Kezrin-CenarionCircle for Horde. We will deliver the present for you. Do not wrap it!

Can you please pair me up with so-and-so?

• No, the pairings are random. We can’t honor requests for specific names or factions; it would go against the program! You are free to ask us to deliver an anonymous present as a separate request outside of the swap.

Can I sign up all my alts?

• Please limit yourself to two characters total. So you can have 1 Alliance and 1 Horde, or two from one faction.

Can I sign up someone else who isn’t me?

• You can choose to have someone else receive your gift, but you will still be responsible for buying a present for your assigned recipient. If you don’t turn in a present, the person you signed up will not receive one.

If you’ve got other questions, feel free to ask!

3 Likes

I’d like to sign up Uluion-CenarionCircle (Horde) and Hedgé-SistersofElune (Alliance) :smiley:

1 Like

Ea’huna Wildmane and Gyelfei, reporting for the AAMS AAMS!

1 Like

Please sign me up for Moreta-Cenarion Circle (Alliance) and Surinda-Cenarion Circle (Horde)!

1 Like

Letters have been sent to all the folks I’ve had sign up. If you don’t get your letter, let me know in case I accidentally missed you!