Router to router wifi

So currently I’m running a cord from my router in the other room to my room to my computer just to play wow. I have another router that’s not being used. I was wondering if there’s a way to connect it to the other router say via wifi to eliminate the ethernet cable running from room to room. Thanks. Ps my wifi card on my pc stopped working for some reason. Although a few months ago a list of wifi connections showed up in the side bar like it was working and then when I left the room and came back they disappeared again. Thanks.

I’d stick with the ethernet cable as it’ll always be stable and lower latency and won’t drop as with the wireless.

If you really do want to use both routers you can put the 2nd one in bridge mode (er I think it’s been a while since I ever had to do that) Google it would be give better directions on how to.

1 Like

Yes, its called “bridge” mode and many routers have the feature. Your main router is the AP while the secondary router becomes the client. It actually will work better than a wi-fi card (depending on the router) and an easy way to create a LAN through the router’s ethernet ports (it will be a switch) if you have several items that need a wifi connection ( printer, computer, laptop). That said you will have better latency through the Ethernet cable and a really cheap router may not make a great bridge but no harm in trying.

2 Likes

Ok. Now I need to google how to bridge and if my router is compatible. Thanks that really helps

1 Like