Rotten Little Helper

I’ve never summoned this pet, but was going to use a rare stone on it. When I summoned it, ( please do NOT suspend my acct for this ) it " farted " made a nasty sign and within 5 seconds it dismissed itself ! Is this normal or is it a bug ? If it’s normal and going to keep dismissing itself then I’m not going to waste my time leveling this pet or waste a rare stone on it. Guess that’s why it’s called Rotten…

He does that if it’s not Winter Veil. If it is Winter Veil, he’ll stay summoned

All of the Winter Helper pets despawn if it’s not Winter Veil. The two original ones have various speech lines before disappearing: https://www.warcraftpets.com/news/4_3_ptr_winter_helper_update/

It’s worth raring this crude piece of filth, (joking, imo he’s cute,) for his use in pet battles. I use him a bit in Gnomeregan pet dungeon.

As others have pointed out, the pets that you acquire during Winter’s Veil – the helpers – will despawn if it’s not Winter’s Veil. And Tiny Snowman melts and despawns.

My only suggestion is that you make him a rare before he despawns. He’s well worth having. In the words of Christ to Judas, “That which thou doest, doest quickly.”

And I use him and other Winter Helpers during my fight with Annoy-O-Tron in the Gnomeregan Pet Dungeon. If you use Ice Tomb just when Annoy-O-Tron activates his force-field, it will land on him when the force-field falls, stunning him and giving you an extra round to inflict damage (with Ice Lance) before he brings it up again. He’ll kill Rotten Little Helper, which is why you have another Winter’s Veil Helper pet to finish the job.

1 Like

Put the stones you want to use on your bar, summon the pet, then just spam the stones until it despawns, repeat until finished. A bit of a pain but worth it, good pets!

1 Like

Hmmmm, ok, but I think I’ll just wait until next Winter Veil.

You can use them on a team to level them, they don’t despawn while fighting. It’s only if you want to use stones that they show their irritating side.

Really pretty easy to rare or level stone one of the summoned Christmas pets that despawn if Winter Veil not up, just be ready for it. Dyngdawng’s suggestion is simplest, or can just have your bags open and be ready to target pet and hit the stone.

Admit I don’t use the others very often, but Rotten Little Helper is big part of my Pandaria trainer circuit to level both toons and carry pets. He rules with Mo’rusk in Krasarang Wilds.

The saddest one is the snowman. He just melts.

You just have to be ready when you summon them. Dropping a rare stone on them shouldn’t be a problem. Trying to drop some level upgrade stones is frustrating. If you’re quick you may get 5 done before they despawn.