Rooted While Flying Leads to Instant Death

This is absolutely a viable solution, and I’ve done this! However, it essentially grounds you for 2min until the Glider is off CD as Mass Entanglement is 30sec. Also, I never knew you used to need to be an Engineer for Gliders… glad they changed that.

I don’t mind there being some danger of flying, like Whirling Surge/Net-o-Matic 5000. If it was a toy or gimmick that had a significant CD which was rooting me to my death, I could even get behind that (albeit disgruntled). But such a low CD ability has no counterplay for some classes. If you don’t want to admit that, okay, but it’s true.

Also, it’s just toxic to kill players this way: why is that fun for you? You’re not besting someone in PvP combat showing your skill, you’re knocking them out of the air and ruining their gaming experience. I am trying to understand why it’s enjoyable… at all.

Take my stance how you will, but in World PvP, many players aren’t besting others with their skill and it’s unrealistic to expect that when anyone can run around in a raid group slaughtering others by outnumbering them. I don’t mean to identify you based off your guild tag but… You’re in a RUIN guild, notorious for zerging and outnumbering people.

80% of the time I fight someone in WPvP, someone else will come and join them to help fight against me. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, it’s WPvP, there’s no rules stating they can’t help a fellow player out, right? But do you see where I’m getting at? If I were to get killed, is that person besting me with their skill when it’s a 1vX situation?

You use whatever you can to your advantage, whether that be a cheesy knockback, outnumbering someone, using buffs, using items, or rooting someone in the air and them falling to their death. There’s a lot of things that people don’t find enjoyable in WPvP, but everyone out there finds their own enjoyment in War Mode. Yours could be roaming in a party full of people, and there’s nothing wrong with that, but other people might not understand why it’s fun to do that either.

Just last night there was a group of 4 at the PvP quest in Isle of Dorn. Mistweaver, Fury Warrior, Afflic Lock, and a Windwalker Monk. I had managed to kill the Windwalker when he went too far away from his group, I mounted and flew off from the other 3 and they chased me. I Trackers Net the MW monk, he falls to his death, I glider and warrior and lock are chasing, I harpoon’d the lock, he almost dies to fall dmg, I finish him off, and then 1v1 the warrior. This was very enjoyable for me.

Blockquote
it essentially grounds you for 2min until the Glider is off CD as Mass Entanglement is 30sec

So you think that the glider is the ONLY solution to your problem? As I said, go do research. There are many more ways to get around fall damage with a MUCH shorter CD… That’s your problem. Go find it out. In the meantime, I will continue to seek people out just like you who don’t know these things because I can kill you a lot more.

If there weren’t any counters to fall damage, then yeah I would 100% agree with you the rooting in air is stupid. But there are plenty of ways to counter even with classes that don’t have the built-in abilities. Plenty of short CD fall mitigation items in WoW.

Usually I just do it when I see other people are going for the crate or those pesky bots that just gather all day.

World pvp isn’t arena, friend. This is the wild west where anything goes.

It doesn’t make sense to me how I can slam face first into the ground at full speed and take no fall damage, but if I get rooted in midair and fall down I do?

Question: can you use aerial halt to prevent the fall damage? I assume not.

Say hello to the saddlechute.

You aren’t, but I don’t disagree with you about roots dismounting folks being lame.

That’s one way for sure. There are more.

If class mechanics are going to affect dynamic flight, we need Walking Dead to force you to move at normal walking speed.