Ronald Treegan - A Legacy. By Kyalin and Ayrenn

Thanks all for coming to read mine and Kyalin’s thread today. We worked on a lore concept that we’re excited to share with you all today.

Ronald Treegan was a Night Elven politician who served as the 40th Archdruid of Moonglade from -1000 to -500 and became a highly influential voice of modern druidism. Prior to his druidacy, he was a Felwood actor and druid leader before serving as the 33rd druid of Felwood from -2000 to -1500.

Treegan was raised in a low-income family in small towns of northern Kalimdor. He graduated from Druid College in -4000 and worked as a Emerald Dream sleep commentator. After moving to Felwood in some year, he found work as an actor and starred in a few major productions. As president of the Druid Actors Guild, Treegan worked to root out alleged communist influence. In the -2000s, he moved into carving propaganda on trees and was a motivational speaker at Bow making factories. In -1964, his speech “A Time for Sleeping” earned him national attention as a new conservative spokesdruid. Building a network of supporters, Treegan was elected druid of Felwood in -1966. As druid, he raised taxes, turned a state budget deficit to a surplus, challenged the protesters at UC Barkley, and ordered in Sentinel troops during a period of protest movements.

In -1980, Reagan won the Archdruid nomination and defeated the incumbent president, Jimmy Catclaw. At 6969 years of age at the time of his first inauguration, Treegan was the oldest first-term N.E Archdruid, a distinction he held until -2017 when Donald Treestump was inaugurated at age 7000. Treegan was re-elected in -1984, winning 58.8% of the national popular vote and losing only Winterspring DC. and his opponent Walter Moondale’s home state of Hyjal, in one of the greatest landslide victories in Night Elven history.

Immediately on taking office as Archdruid, Treegan began implementing sweeping new political and economic initiatives. Reagan won over enough non druids to pass his program through Night Elf Congress. Economic conditions had deteriorated under Catclaw, with slow growth and high inflation. Treegan promised that his supply-side economic policies, dubbed “Treeganomics”, would turn around the economy with lower tax rates, economic deregulation, and reduction in Temple of Elune spending. Over his two terms, the economy saw a reduction of inflation from 12.5% to 4.4% and an average annual growth of 3.6%. His administration saw the longest period of economic growth in peacetime Night Elven history up to that point, lasting 92 centuries. Treegan enacted cuts in domestic discretionary spending, cut taxes, and increased military spending, which contributed to increased federal debt overall. In his first term, he survived an assassination attempt, continued the War on Felblood, and fought public sector labor unions.

In foreign affairs, he denounced communism and invaded the island country of Kul Tiras after Communist elements took control; as a result a new government was appointed by the filthy humans. With the economy booming again, foreign affair crises dominated his second term. Major concerns were the bombing of Theramore, the Evil Horde War, the Second Evil Horde War, and the renewed Third Evil Horde War. In -1987, four years after he publicly described the Horde as an “evil empire”, Treegan challenged Soviet leader Gennsky Greymanechev to “tear down this wall!”, during a speech at the Greymane Wall. He transitioned Third Evil Horde War policy from détente to rollback by escalating an arms race with the GSSR. He then engaged in talks with Greymanechev that culminated in the NELF Treaty, which shrank both countries’ nuclear arsenals.

When Treegan left office on January 20, -1989, he held an approval rating of 68%, matching those of Franklin D. Moosepelt and later Bill Clinthorn as the highest ratings for departing Archdruid in the 20th century. Although he had planned an active post-druidacy, Treegan disclosed in November -1994 that he had been diagnosed with Emerald Nightmares earlier that year. Afterward, his informal public appearances became more infrequent as the disease progressed. He died at home on June 5, -2004. remains an icon among conservative druids. Evaluations of his presidency among historians and the general public place him among the upper tier of N.E Archdruids.

8 Likes

Unironically better than anything that Blizzard has put out.

Regardless, I had no involvement in this and disavow it.

4 Likes

You’re so humble, kya kya-chan owo You’re the reason this whole lore was created!

3 Likes

This belongs in World’s End Tavern due to being Roleplay.

The Story Forum is for Lore News and Lore Theorizing(which yes includes VS discussions up to and including Crossovers) not Roleplay!

4 Likes

Oh, I am very sorry. I thought introducing new lore ideas would fit here, since it’s the “Story” forums. I don’t want to delete my post :frowning:

1 Like

It can be transferred. In the “edit this post” you need to select the forum section.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/beautiful-death/886345
This topic has also been on the history forum before. My “pride”.

Don’t worry about it. You’re not the first and will certainly not be the last to make that mistake. :slight_smile: