Roll the Bones: Rework Idea

So a lot of people don’t like rtb. I think the main reason is too much rng and some underwhelming effects compared to others.

My idea is to basically make it into the ability “pick a card” from twisted fate in league of legends. You press it, it starts rotating between a few options (6 is likely too many; max 4 imo) and pick the buff you want depending on the situation. It still fits thematically with outlaw, reduces rng, and consolidates the buffs into more focused/specialized roles. You could either make new buffs, combine current ones, or just stick to what we have now. A new one could be where your attacks reduce the damage an enemy deals by x% that stacks up to X times. That one would help outlaw’s survivability further

What do you guys think?

1 Like

TBH I like the RTB, makes it more engaging than just follow fall asleep playing the most scripted rotation as assanation

i mean its not like rtb buffs change your gameplan that much. if anything this change would make it even more engaging

1 Like

Or they could just remove it.

Rng is lame.

did you not read the post? it wouldnt be rng. it would start at the same buff every time and cycle through

1 Like

It’s still rng due to where it starts and trying to have certain buffs for certain phases.

It just needs to be removed.

jfc are you retarded? do you not know how to read? i literally just said it would start at the same buff every time. the timing will also be the same. there could also be an indicator of the card rotation above your character

man this forum i swear

1 Like

Nothing in this states it starts at the same one.

Even then if you can choose it then you’re going to pick the same one every time you can. It’s not fun or engaging gameplay.

i said its like twisted fate’s mechanic and people only pick the same ones every time because some just outright suck and are just a dps loss; they arent “situation” dependent

1 Like

So you use a mechanic from another game that some people haven’t played and expect them to automatically know what you’re talking about?

I’m talking about your certain idea would cause people to just pick the best one making it pointless.

I’m beginning to wonder about you.

sorry i assumed everyone either has played league or would have looked it up.

the pros and cons of each buff isnt calculated in a vacuum. they could think of something to nudge players into choosing different buffs i bet. maybe it has a weaker effect if you use it again in a row or maybe reduced time. or maybe even idk just make good distinctive buffs?

1 Like

That’s a terrible assumption to make and even worse to assume people would look up your comparison.

Are you new to this game? The min max crowd will find out what buff is the best and the best way to maximize said buff.

You seem to not have very much experience in this game to understand why this isn’t a good idea.

1 Like

Good RtB gets me ~10k single target.
Bad RtB gets me ~4k single target.

I’d say it just needs a buff.

cant get 10k if you die