Roleplayer Exodus

In light of the massive queue time, as well as the overwhelming amount of sweaty raiders and PvP bro transfers, Grobbulus is no longer the same server as it was during the original Classic launch. It’s the typical dreaded mega server that we all feared would happen.

With RPers now only making up, maybe less than 5% of the server population, I’m putting forth a suggestion that the majority of the RP community transfers (or makes alts) over on Bloodsail to get away from all the toxicity that has come to inhabit our original home.

We can return someday, if the outlook turns around, but for now… I want to actually play the game I’m paying for. I want to see random RP around without layers, and I’m tired of being ganked by people with names like “psuckmyDPS”. I encourage you all to join me on Alliance side, and foster a better and more consolidated RP community for Wrath Classic.

14 Likes

I swear we just had this discussion in Trade chat.

1 Like

I probably would’ve chimed in if I could have made it through the queue :upside_down_face:

I will be making an alt and leveling there, at least for the foreseeable future. Like you said, I’d like to play the game I pay for. Maybe Blizz will get wise and open up free transfers and we can all join the scene

3 Likes

No. Server doesn’t need to lose the RP community it still has. You would be doing the same thing the pvp bros did to their servers that killed them before transferring here.

8 Likes

The server hardly has an RP community. Layering on it’s own already killed any semblance of public RP, and the queues are disrupting the majority of RP events being held because nobody can log on for them.

As it stands, the general RP community on Grob is in a state of decay and to deny otherwise is simply choosing ignorance. As to “doing the same the PvP bros did” is, frankly, idiotic. Those people transferred to Grob with no intention of RPing and turned what was the best RP-PVP server into another basic bland PvP server, ala Emerald Dream. By moving to Bloodsail the RP community does what it was literally intended to do for that server… RP

Also, the point of transfers helping and fostering the RP community? Look at Grobbulus pre and post Deviate being removed… Grobbulus would be even more pathetic if not for the majority of RPers from Deviate Delight coming here. Don’t be a fool.

2 Likes

Same mind set as the pvpers who left and killed servers friend! All I have to say.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, because the mentality of “I’m running out of people to gank so I must chase the fabled ‘faction balance’” is highly equivalent to “There’s no concentrated RP and the state of our server is preventing even organized RP so let’s all move together to the only other RP server to foster a stronger community”. How silly of me to not realize.

3 Likes

“I’m running out of people to gank”
“I’m running out of people to RP with”

Sounds like the same mindset to me.

1.) Running out of people to gank → Moves to RP-PvP server, only PvPs, doesn’t RP, kills original culture of the server → Server is a basic PvP server, RP tag doesn’t mean anything

2.) Running out of people to RP with → Moves to RP server, finds new people to RP with, merges with server culture → Server is still an RP server.

Sounds like you’re grasping at straws to defend your true PvP bro agenda.

7 Likes

I still don’t see how he’s “being a pvp bro”, if you wish to have a united front then being respectful is the way to go, instead of insisting the other has a hidden agenda, speaking down to them and being oversll passive aggressive, besides, moving to another server will heavily cut down on the PvE possibilities for people, there are roleplayers who enjoy raiding a lot, and moving to a much smaller server will cut down on their odds, no matter what way you slice it, if you decide to have a RPer exodus to a small server, you will be leaving behind a large contingent, effectively diminishing the odds for RP om both sides, and then the server we move to will fill up, queues will start once more, and we’ll engage in the same dance.

My opinion is that it’s better to stay, weather the storm and have other people transfer instead of doing it yourself, since all it’s going to accomplish is the same thing as DD, about 70 percent of the RPers will transfer while the others stay behind and die off, and then the exodited part will complain and struggle to stay afloat for several months.

3 Likes

I just came here to say RIP to DD

5 Likes

Eh generally speaking roleplayers don’t really pvp, tiny ahh overlap, and people that pvp tend to see roleplayers as ez honour, at least that’s what I’m getting, idk I’ve been called a pvpbro a few times but still don’t know what the frikk it means my manz.

Also Blizz really got a silly curse word censor here ngl.

2 Likes

I kinda agree with Darenamis. Before I came to grobbulus I was on Deviate Delight. We were never a large server but we were big enough to raid, run dungeons and have multiple rp guilds. I enjoyed the rp pvp aspect, I was eventually forced to move here because after I took a hiatus for a month, I came back to a empty and dead server. Everyone had apparently left for Grobbulus.

I can understand your point on all the weirdos running into a rp server simply because it is pvp, but unless we all go to ANOTHER rp pvp server. Then alot of rpers are not going to go. Even then, most rp people are prolly not going to go to evenly distribute themselves which will have ANOTHER horde dominated or alliance dominated rp server. Which is kinda boring in my opinion.

2 Likes

I did say my stance would anger people, a united front just means an agreement for RPers to move, and frankly simply dismissing the idea due to stating “it’s the same mentality” and will destroy the server doesn’t do anything to further the discussion, as it’s a completely moot point.

There are a lot of roleplayers who enjoy raiding, you’re correct, and all of those who move together as a raid group will, unsurprisingly still be able to raid together. Beyond the fact that Bloodsail’s population is healthy enough to have sustained itself alone for the past 3 years. People will have no issues finding groups with new people, as well as their existing friend circles.

The RP population on Grobbulus is so small that it doesn’t make up enough numbers to bump Bloodsail into a queue, and even if it does it would be significantly shorter than the one Grobbulus is currently, and will continue to, suffer from. Bordering on 4-6 hours is insane.

Your plan to have “others transfer” is why nothing will change. People will always wait for another to do it before them, and that’s why nothing happens. Everyone is always waiting for “someone to go first”.

3 Likes

Ok. Let’s say we do all transfer.

Have you considered what sort of population there is on Bloodsail? What affect would the transfer of Grobbulus players have on the server?

What of RPPVPers like myself and my guild? People who’s roleplay would be affected by the inability to WPVP?

And speaking for Horde side, our RP is as alive as it ever was. Having more people around hasn’t changed that. It sounds very much like you’re speaking from a purely Alliance perspective.

Finally, you haven’t really offered any arguments as to why this is a good idea, as opposed to just an idea. The counter arguments being made, which you kindly offered to disprove, have only been met with hostility. I’m curious what you think we - the Grobb RP community as a whole - stand to gain that we don’t already have.

5 Likes

The issue is that Grobbulus is dead in it’s own way, in regards to the RP aspect. We have the queue that divides the ability for EST and PST players to reliably play together, and layers in major cities up to 10, causing any semblance of public/walk up RP to be completely negated. I can speak from one night of experience on Bloodsail, that with no layers I saw 10 people with TRP in a single area, as well as had 3 walk up sessions. The contrast is day and night.

The distribution of faction doesn’t matter in any regard beyond wPvP. If people transfer together, they stay together. Your Horde guilds will stay Horde, your Alliance will be Alliance, unless they decide to reroll differently. If you want PvP, we have BGs. If you want to raid towns, you can still do that. It just prevents wanton ganking. Which in truth allows for more range of RP events in higher level zones.

3 Likes

← Marcus bumping to allow succession of posts.

1 Like

I’m a RPer who loves wpvp what can I say. Which is why I’ve been on grob since day 1.

4 Likes

The Grobbulus RP community is a fraction of the original server. We have maybe a few hundred of us who would be moving, small enough to have no impact on the economy or infrastructure of the realm, while large enough to consolidate and increase overall RP.

Your roleplay in wPvP is only affected by the inability to gank players at your leisure. You can still attack towns, which will still draw people to defend, and let’s be real here. The majority of people who come to defend town raids aren’t RPers to begin with. True RP-PvP is like Grobbulus’ vanilla war council events. You had organized and claimed territories and structured battles to actually feature RP. Not just baseless PvP in the name of RP.

Horde side may be alive as ever, in terms of any organized group RP, but you still suffer from layering and queues. Organizing events will be easier due to a lack of queue, and walk up RP will begin to flourish. This may be more of a strictly Alliance issue, true, but it’s one I’m sure all RPers are displeased with.

2 Likes

Its RP-PvP or bust for me, alas. I already gave in and xferred to Wyrmrest Accord over on Retail after they removed PvP as a whole and finally did away with the concept of RP-PvP after a decade+ of mismangement.

Grobbulus might be far, FAR from perfect, and I know I can never get my experience in original Wotlk back, but it’s the best that Wotlk Classic has to offer me, so here I stay and here I will stand until the end.

I will quit the game before I leave Grobbulus for a non-RP-PvP server at this point. Just how it is.

7 Likes