Role unavailable for some dungeons

I am unable to queue for specific dungeons on my Paladin as a Tank or Healer. I am able to queue for both Random Normal and Heroic dungeons with no issue.

If I select specific dungeon without any dungeons picked, I have locks over both Healer and Tank that says Role Unavailable. When I select a dungeon there is a triangle over both roles that says “Role unavailable for some dungeons. This role is not qualified for one or more of the selected dungeons. For those dungeons, you will be queued only for your qualified role.”

I am in Protection specialization with tank equipment and I have an ilvl of 90+.

My character was 50 well before pre-patch and I have never used Chromie on this character.

I have disabled all addons and have the same issue. So, it’s not my UI causing the problem.

2 Likes

Posted with an avatar of one of my Horde characters apparently. This issue is occurring on my Alliance Paladin Character name: Bayard on US Proudmoore.

Can’t queue in group finder as tank on my main if I select the instance. Kinda p i a since I need 2 or 3 instances to finish the quest lines. Any hints there blizz or am I doomed to be dps forever…? ugh.

Same question but as a healer; my gear is more than enough for heroics and I have achievements on this toon for completing them on Heroic (and Mythic) so it isn’t gear … in fact I healed those runs

im also seeing this same issue on 2 characters ,but my first character did it fine

i even did the same kind of thing on all 3

I’m having the same issue on my shadow priest. I can’t queue as a dps for a specific dungeon. It gives me this message: “this role is not qualified for one or more of the selected dungeons. for those dungeons, you will be queued only for your qualified role”. I mean, I am a spriest and can’t queue for dps? Doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

I’m also having this problem. My monk cannot queue for specific dungeons as tank or healer. My paladin can.

My wife and I are having the same issue when in a party together since the pre-patch. We are both hunters and thus only have 1 option. Yet DPS is labeled as unavailable to us for our specialization. Help on this would be great as it’s continuing into the expansion proper.

Same issue. I got a boot from a previous group that I thought was because some scrub tank was running around like a chicken with his head cut off and i asked him to hold still so i could use my covenants, but now I can’t get any queues. Trying to log out and back in vs the queue to see if that fixes it. I literally need 1 trinket to be able to do heroics and this stupid dungeon tool isn’t letting me queue, no world quests up, etc. So unless I want to drop 50k on darkmoon cards so i can HOPE to queue heroic i am stuck.

Same issue
Paladin Prot - dath’remar.
Cannot select role / queue while in group and leader
Alone, no issue at all

1 Like