Rogue's low damage is actually inflated by lack of utility

Right now our top spec isn’t even in the top 50% of dps specs for mythic castle. The point of this discussion is I just kinda realized that our numbers should actually be even worse than they currently are. As it stands now our numbers are only as good as they are because we have zero utility. We don’t have to spare a single global cooldown on raid utility. We don’t have to run seeds. We don’ have to soak. Not even an easy death grip or AMZ here and there. Nothing. If we actually had utility buttons to press our numbers would be even lower. The worthlessness of this class continues to surprise me. We compete for bottom damage and do nothing but mongoloid damage for entire fights.

13 Likes

Tricks of the trade

Not even on my action bar. I don’t have threat issues so it’s pointless.

1 Like

We get that you’re trash, no need to make more excuses.

2 Likes

Wut? this is a bad take my man

I do soaks for my Core and my dmg isnt even affected by much.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is your damage is affected, which would be agreeing with me. So you agree with me but call it a bad take.

I see.

1 Like

No i dont, the way you word it out implies a big dmg loss, which isnt the case at all.

The dmg loss is next to insignificant.

Getting raid utility wont have any real effect on our dps

1 Like

Never a single time said that at all also pay close attention to how it was never edited. Your poor reading comprehension is the issue here. I said it would be lower if we did, which is true; which you have agreed with.

If you would like to come up with some invisible talking point about it please direct that conversation to a wall so you don’t look so stupid in comparison to your audience.

So now you resort to personal insults?

Just cause you didnt directly said doesnt mean you didnt implied it, even if it wasnt intentional.

Imagine getting so triggered that you resort to insulting over something small

1 Like

No trigger here. Just stating the obvious. You seem triggered enough to find false facts to try to argue though. Please just sit down, admit you were wrong, and stop digging yourself deeper with nonsense.

Fact one; you made assumptions that were not there nor implied.

Fact two; you agreed with my original statement by saying it was indeed a dps loss, although minor. And since I never stated any levels of dps loss then this alone agrees to my point.

Fact three; there is nothing more to discuss. It was a simple passing thought I had with not much weight behind it that is factually true. The amount that it does change things is not relevant to this conversation. You may make your own post to start a talking point about that. My entire point was that it exists, regardless of how much. So please stop making yourself look like a summer school candidate.

1 Like

Words matter dear, specially how you say them, if you wanted to say the dmg loss was there but minor, then you should have said so, instead you got triggered when someone calls out something completely reasonable, resort to insult them (which you keep doing) and digging further with it.

You could have simply said, “I wasnt referring to a big dps loss” and everything would be fine, but no, you decided to follow your ego and act like you did.

3 Likes

If I were referring to a major DPS loss I would have stated it. Stop trying to defend your poor reading comprehension.

Thats the thing, you did not specify the dps loss, but the way you word out everything, implies a big loss.

For example, “not following mechanics” or “not doing any soaks” or “not sparing a single GCD on utility”, saying that our dmg is low (which it is) but if we did either it would be even worse, problem is, the actual dmg loss is insignificant.

If you want people to get what you mean, then you need to be specific, cause again words matter, you can say something, but it can be interpreted in multiple ways, specially if youre vague.

Like that guy that said “RIP Daft Punk”, with many getting confused thinking one of them died rather than the duo separating.

Basically, you made it sound worse than it actually is, even if it wasnt intentional.

If you cant get that point, then thats on you, like i said, you simply had to specify or correct, but no, you let your ego talk for you by insulting me right away.

4 Likes

Stop defending your inability to understand the English language.

This is what rogue forums have devolved to. Arguing about damage parses, SnD, CttC and now the English language.

8 Likes

Rogues are a pure DPS class.

Rogues need more damage. Utility is nice but more damage is the goal!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man: