Rogue Stealth UI Buggy

Hi there, not sure if it’s been happening since before 8.1 or not but dusted off the 110 rogue today and the stealth action bar change on the UI ( then your action bars are replaced by a stealth exclusive bar) is really buggy, most of the time the bar wont change going into stealth, which comes up with a “requires stealth” error if I try and use Ambush or other stealth related abilities even though I am stealthed. Other times the bar doesn’t revert upon leaving stealth meaning i’m in a bit of trouble fighting whatever I just ambushed out of my spell book. There’s also a problem with getting stuck in combat and vanish not clearing it as Vanish will randomly not even put me in stealth

9 Likes

I’ve got the same thing. Its super weird. It was fine like twenty minutes ago, but suddenly my mutilates weent giving me CPs. I dont just mean not showing them, it stopped giving me them. I can’t use finishers at all. UNLESS… that mob dies, at which point all my CPs mysteriously reappear letting me get off one rupture on the next mob. And as you say, on top of this when i try to sap whilst in stealth, the game tells me i need to be in stealth. I disabled all my addons to check. Ive quit and reloaded the game. All to no effect, problem still persists. Oh, and i can’t do anything with my armour because im stuck in combat. Vanish doesnt of course clear it. Clearly one of the blizzard elves have pushed a wrong button somewhere.

2 Likes

I’ve experienced the same problem you both mentioned, as well as the game not recognizing that daggers are a melee weapon. Yup, something, somewhere got messed up, lol.

This just started happening to me on my rogue as well. Action bar wont change to stealth bar, not generating combo points and when im in stealth, the game still says i cant use stealth abilities (eg. cheap shot, pick pocket). Ive disabled all addons, this is very frustrating.

I am experiencing the same thing. Only way to fix it temporarily i have found is to log completely out then back and in but that only fixes it for about 20 min or so.

I did fix it (perhaps temporarily, but its worked for 2 sessions since). I disabled all add ons. Reinstalled elvui. When i relogged from battle net, and turned on the add ons it was the same issue. However, completely shutting down wow and rebooting battle net, the issue went away. I know its probably not the fix. But it is one instance where it solved the issue (for the time being).

I have been having the exact same issues as others. It sometimes happens when I go into shadow dance and it will just stay in my stealth hotbar.
If I don’t use stealth mechanics it will sometimes stop me gaining combo point but i can still backstab

Same issue on my rogue. I deleted my interface folder and then reinstalled updated addons. Everything worked for a while, but now I’m getting the same stealth/combo-point bugs. Pretty much makes rogue unplayable. Haven’t tried it on my druid yet.

1 Like

Ran into this issue on my feral druid a few days ago, and my rogue yesterday. Combo points weren’t updating, but also other UI things were weirdly delayed, like new quests not showing up until after killing a mob, and in the case of my druid, changing form did not update the action bars. Using a mount in this state did result in increased movement speed, but the mount was not appearing. A relog fixed it in both cases.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Get stuck in combat sometimes, stealth bar doesn’t switch, game confused about Combo Points. Marked for Death casts but doesn’t award the points immediately. Rogue is almost unplayable.

Count me on that list. Only workaround I’ve seen is to log out completely, and log back in. This means you have to do it in town, or wait 15 mins outside of town I guess.

UI fails to update at all, even in death (or stuck in death after revival), Mounting fails, it’s even weirder when you get a mount with vendors, they sit on the floor at your position.

Haven’t figured out the trigger though. Definitely a server-side bug though.

I’ve been having this issue on both my rogue and my feral druid. Sometimes, hearthing to a different zone will help, but it eventually happens again and when it does my character is almost unplayable. I even got stuck in “death” mode, ran back to my body and rezzed, but stayed in death mode unable to attack while other creatures were attacking my ghost and killing me again.

I have been experiencing this same thing but only in Stormsong Valley with my Alliance Rogue, also when i mount up my mount is invisble and the flight point mount makes me seem like I am swimming in midair. The flying part is hilarious but the action bar bug is really frustrating. I tried deleting my addons but the problem persists.

I am also experiencing this - I’m in Gorgrond and it’s super frustrating trying to quest while not having my abilities work properly. I was fine until I started here tonight and it just randomly started up. Reloading, closing the client, leaving the quest zone, nothing fixed it.

Add me to the list, came here to see if it was reported already. My assassin rogue gets stuck with the stealth action bar, stops generating combo points with abilities, and going back into stealth results in the error “Requires Stealth”. Quite an annoying problem that I wasn’t having with the Outlaw Rogue.

Going to dump Subterfuge talent and see if it occurs again. Did not have this problem all through Vol’Dun (110-114), only occurred while dealing with Mogu in Zandalar… which I think these two areas it happened also gave me an NPC to “help”, the ghost trolls from the pillars and now Loti is helping out with the quest “Heretics” and “The Full Prophecy”.

Yep, having the exact same issue. Disabling addons didn’t help. I have to exit completely, but if I’m not in town, it doesn’t always work. Very frustrating.

This is definitely a big issue. Disabling addons doesn’t fix it. The whole UI seems to get messed up when this problem occurs…

1. Mounts do not show when mounted
  2. Auto-dismount doesn’t work when using combat abilities
  3. Stance bars do not auto switch causing the “requires stealth” bug or inability to generate combo points.
  4. Stealth randomly drops
  5. Mobs can see through stealth as you are not “Really” in stealth.

Why has this issue not garnered more attention yet? This is such a major gameplay blocker for 2 classes…

1 Like

On my rogue on Lightbringer I am having the same issue with randomly dropping out of stealth, the action bars not correct in combat, and randomly not earning combo points really make the game difficult to play. This is hopefully a top priority to fix.

Same problems here. Rogue is essentially unplayable when it happens and it doesn’t seem to have any pattern to its occurance.

I just got it myself. Was playing for a solid 3 hours straight, and all of a sudden this glitch happens that prevents my stealth bar from alternating to my non-stealth bar, I cannot gain combo points, and my mount is invisible yet I can run at full mounted speed. whenever I gain a combo point, it doesn’t just show up, it just straight up doesn’t exist.