Rogue Stealth Breaking in Horrific Visions

As stated. There’s a thread in the class forums on the same topic. In a nutshell, rogues can’t stay stealthed during a Horrific Vision. We’ve all tried the same thing: enter vision, stealth, stand still and then we watch our characters fall out of stealth.

For many of us, this bug caused us to fail the vision, because while trying to stealth past a pack of mobs, our stealth breaks, and we pull the whole pack. Not fun.

Is this intended, or a bug? Does this have something to do with madness? Do you not want us to use one of the core mechanics of our class? Please advise.

8 Likes

Do you immediatly pop out of stealth of does it take a while for it to happen?

It happens after a couple of seconds.

This just happened to me as well. wasted 10k coalescing visions just now on my rogue. Me and a druid were in a vision, walking up to a mob where stealth just broke randomly with no mobs close enough to see. Druid was fine. Vanished to break the mob that pulled as we ran closer to them and was broken out immediately to which more mobs pulled and we were killed. Was able to stealth in there fine previously. Wasn’t even in there 15 seconds before dead and 10k visions wasted. Unable to find any hotfixes or updates to this, but it’s pretty frustrating I won’t be able to get to rank 6 before reset because of some underlying stealth-breaking issue. I definitely won’t get 10k more visions by tomorrow so, guess I’ll just wait?

I just failed my last chance at Rank 6 before raid tomorrow as a result of this apparent issue with Rogue stealth. I had no issues prowling, wasn’t broken out at all. However, my Rogue party member’s stealth dropped after a few seconds, which pulled two mobs. He vanished to stealth again, ran to catch up to me, and it dropped again after another few seconds. That time, it pulled way more than two mobs and we died fighting. We started and failed the Vision in maybe 15 seconds total because of this. A complete waste of time and effort farming the 10k Coalescing Visions :frowning:

I really hope this is a bug and not intended but it’s not like it would make a difference to my situation right now.

It has some thing to do with the madness condition in effect I’m assuming. What was it at the time?

posting for commiseration purposes.

i want to note i’ve done the scenario several times on two different rogues. one assassination using subterfuge as a talent, and the other an outlaw-- both lost stealth repeatedly in thrall’s zone. i only mention it because reading up on stealth bugs i saw threads about subterfuge having caused issues; and want to make sure it’s clear it’s happening to my outlaw rogue too, who does not have that talent.

i’m not sure if it’s changed since i did my runs. for me it was “bloodthirsty” and in the class thread i mentioned thinking it was the cause as it built (not the damage component): but another rogue in the thread mentioned it was happening to him/her even when bloodthirsty was on cd. i can only remember losing stealth in that first zone though. once i got into either Garona’s or Zekhan’s there were mobs that could detect stealth and by then i wasn’t relying on it anymore anyway.

i really hope blizzard takes a look at this. and i hope more rogues take a look at these threads before plunging forward into the visions not knowing they might drop stealth in some pretty rough territory.

I should note that Ristine had the first topic on this in the Rogue forums. Devs—if you are paying attention, there are more confirmations there. This is a thing. A note one way or another about this would be great.

I posted in one of the related threads in the class hall forum, but I’ll add some comments here as well.

I ran into this same issue with my rogue. Zone in, activate stealth, couple seconds later stealth breaks. Still standing at zone in, re-activate steal, couple seconds later stealth breaks. No abilities are firing. No mobs can see through stealth. Stealth just breaks.

On my druid, using prowl, no issue.

On my toons that don’t have stealth/prowl, I’ve been using invis pots to skip trash packs. No issues with invis pots.

Only my rogue runs into this issue.

2 Likes

Void Ritual (and possibly other internal proc corruptions, don’t got any other yet) is currently bugged, and puts you out of stealth at random times. Try to replace the bracers (usually the piece everyone have with Void Ritual), and you should be good to go. I made the same topic regarding this issue, and after some pinpoint and talking with other rogues this seems to be the common point of the issue. After getting the corruption removed the problem seems to be gone, my last run in Visions went with no problems that I could notice. I still want to do another run for further testing, paying close attention to make sure, but the corruption system seems to be the major cause of a lot of bugs, including ours with stealth breaking.

1 Like

I’ve noticed I’ve dropped stealth a lot in the Pandaria vision with this madness in effect.

Same here, multiple times on my rogue. No mob, no debuff/dot, nothing with truesight, just… stealth drops.

When Bloodthirsty’s hit effect goes off, you’ll break stealth. That’s 100% what it is. If you can plan around it and can be in a good spot, you can restealth afterward but otherwise yeah…Not exactly ideal.

in my case, i was losing stealth when bloodthirsty’s first circle indicator built, before it overlapped/touched a mob, and before the second circle built and went off, or damaged anything. other people have noted you just plain drop stealth in there sometimes. seemingly unrelated to the madness effect, but i can’t say i noticed this specifically because i put blinders on once i assumed “bloodthirsty! J’Accuse!!!” and started messing with it to see what i could figure out.

at this point i am pretty sure it was bloodthirsty’s effect though; mostly because i’m having no issues in the Stormwind scenario (though playing hotfoot-ping-pong it’s own little challenge lol :smiley:)

i’m both glad bloodthirsty is off our screens, and mildly bummed we can’t test it further-- but i wish everyone success and fun times with the vision of Alleria. hug those pillars! (maybe)

Anyone follow Dratnos? Dude just did a full clear as Outlaw—zero stealthing issues. He seems to think it’s the spec. I’m running my next one as outlaw to see.

Anyone else confirm this?

Yes, ive lost all the stormwind visions. It’s stupid that stealth cant be used. So I need to reroll the spec to outlaw? Thats stupid Blizzard; fix it.

its got to be a bug, it happens to me constantly on my rogue and -never- on my feral druid. ever. both with zero corrupted items.

i would be somewhat ok with it if as assassination we didnt rely on stealth for damage.

pretty sure its not bloodthirsty alone because it doesnt break druid stealth.

2 Likes

This is still happening on my Rogue and not on my Feral Druid