Rogue stealth-break issues worse than ever in Dragonflight

Another stealth bug caught on video

Undead rogue in this video and has found another repeatable stealth breaking bug involving his racial.

4 Likes

This has been occurring for me also, on my Night Elf rogue, no buffs on, not taking damage, just walking along and Boom stealth is gone and I’m killed by enormous number of mobs. Happens so often, stealth breaks, I shadowmeld, take a step, stealth breaks… grrrr.

4 Likes

The new birds in Orgimmar break stealth and random times in BGs.
SOOO annoying!

2 Likes

So being a rogue myself and JUST now having this issue, I have found what seems to cause it for me. EVERY TIME I get close to any type of enemy, anything with a red bar, my stealth will instantly break. It has not failed. I can’t even pickpocket anymore because my stealth just breaks and they attack me before I can get the chance. I guess i’m not even a rogue anymore. XD

This has happened to me on EVERY Dragonflight zone. I haven’t tested anywhere else yet.

3 Likes

Hey, this appears to be related to the new ring. I unequipped mine and the problem went away completely.

1 Like

I just tested your Theory and it was correct. But I found out more details. It’s the “Swirling Mojo Stone” exactly that is causing me to drop stealth. I took it off and didn’t lose stealth once. When I put it back on, Stealth would break every time I got near an enemy.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the follow-up. Hopefully they will address the issue quickly!

2 Likes

Anyone coming here after 10.1.5, check your new trinkets, it was the frostmorne one that was breaking my stealth

1 Like

Same here… this has never happened to me before, but now coming into the new patch, the Paracasual Fragment of Frostmourne seems to break stealth almost instantly or after a few seconds. Kinda disappointing…

2 Likes

They don’t care even the slightest amount. The tier set bug would be fixed by changing literally one variable in the code. They can add an entire spec to the game but don’t have the resources to fix this.

“minor issues will be fixed by next expansion” wonderful design philosophy

world of warcraft brought to you by ea sports

2 Likes

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

I am having the exact same issue on my Druid I go into stealth and less than 5 or 6 seconds it breaks no matter where I am or what I am doing. It is super frustrating

I’m having this issue in BGs and Epic BGs, its enfuriating…

Chiming in with my 2 cents as well. Stealth just breaks for no reason. I’m well beyond enemy range, but then stealth breaks suddenly and then I’m fighting to stay alive. None of my trinkets are causing this, and I have basic gear. This is incredibly annoying.

1 Like

I was wondering what was causing this. I only just started PvPing this season tonight and noticed it happening a lot more than previously. Like in WSG coming from the GY going to the middle of the field stealth broke at least 5-6x for me, I have to keep restealthing. I’ve pvpd on my rogue since 2004, it always would occasionally break but only once in a blue moon. Tonight it happened in a 10 min WSG at least 30-40 times, pretty much the entire time I was out of combat. Wondered why I couldn’t sap anyone only to find out I was out of stealth.

It’s not dots, it’s not the iced phial, it’s not the onyx ring. I checked the activity log and there’s nobody near me coming from the GY but as I approach people fighting it keeps breaking.

Is there some pvp talent that some classes have that could be causing it? Could it be an embellishment? Like the Toxic Thorn Footwraps or the Toxic Armor Patch or Shadowflame Armor Patch? But the text says you have to attack for that proc to take effect and I’m not attacking, in fact I’m not near anyone when my stealth breaks.

1 Like

I have also tested this and can confirm they still do it.

And that they can be dropped in a Battleground.

I kept wondering why I was face pulling my M+ with my friends. This is definitely still a bug. Hopefully more people will be playing rogues after the rework and this will finally get fixed!

Also, logging out while in stealth is pointless now. I used to use that so that I could come back in game in an area where there were lots of mobs and pick up where I left off. This was especially nice in no-fly areas where you couldn’t get on your mount and hover. Not sure which patch caused this to break (I first noticed it a few weeks ago), but now I log back in fully visible to everything.

this is happening in 10.2… in a random battle ground i wasnt near anyone, over 100yards from the nearest person and this was randomly happening. no dots on enemies nor on myself. just randomly knocked out of stealth repeatedly

I’ve been testing – apparently what was causing the issue for me specifically was the special effect from [Voice of the Silent Star] – the rare cape that drops from Sarkareth. I ended up joining an LFR group with it on my toon and it did indeed break it constantly. After I removed it, it never happened again.