Rogue Specific Macros

Heyo! I wanted to go ahead and provide some important rogue specific macros

Shadowstrike + Backstab + Stealth
This macro will cast stealth if possible, and if in stealth or shadow dance stance, it will shadowstrike, if not it will default to backstab.

#showtooltip
/cast [stance] Shadowstrike; Backstab
/startattack
/cast !stealth

Vanish / Stealth macro. This will prevent you from ever accidentally wasting a vanish if you have dropped combat for some reason.

#showtooltip Vanish
/stopattack
/castsequence [combat] Vanish; Stealth

Quick sap nearest enemy macro. This is amazing in a rogue vs rogue duel as you bind this to shift + scroll wheel up and also to shift + scroll wheel down and you just spam it while in stealth. As soon as you detect the enemy they will be sapped. This also has a protective stealth stance conditional which will put you in stealth if for some reason you have left stealth. On my other classes this is my stealth busting macro such as a taunt, or conc shot to break stealth on my enemy while giving myself combat to prevent myself from being sapped. I obviously switch the stopattack to a startattack / pet attack etc.

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:0] Stealth
/cleartarget [stance:1]
/targetenemyplayer [stance:1]
/cast [stance:1] Sap
/stopattack

Shadowstep Mouseover / Target Enemy
Love this. This prioritizes my mouseover target for a quick shadowstep, and if no mouseover then it will default to an enemy target or a friendly target after that.

#showtooltip shadowstep
/stopcasting
/cast [@mouseover,exists] [@target,harm,nodead] [@target,help,nodead] shadowstep

Cannibalize / Eat / Stealth Macro
This is an OG one from my twink days. Basically most people do not play undead rogue, and this macro will still benefit you, however if you are Undead you will gain a massive benefit if you are within 5 yards of an enemy corpse. This macro will make you stealth and cannibalize + eating food while invisible. Both the cannibalize and eat are useable at the same time. You can just paste in whichever food you want, however this will prioritize mage food first.

#showtooltip stealth
/cast Cannibalize
/use Conjured Mana Bun
/use WHATEVER FOOD YOU WANT
/cast Stealth

Mouseover / Focus / Target Blind macro. So this is by far one of my favorite order of conditionals. Nearly all of my hunter abilities are literally this. What it will do is prioritize at your mouseover target first, if you are not mousing over a target it will cast at your focus target, and if you have no focus target and you are not mousing over it will simply cast at your current target. This is amazing for Blinds, kicks gouges, etc. I don’t use arena 1, 2, 3s. Sorry not sorry.

#showtooltip Blind
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [@focus,harm,nodead] [@target,harm,nodead] blind

Combat Distract + Stealth:
This is a bit of a niche one. Basically if I am not in stealth it will stealth me. However on the next press it will be distract. Also if I am in combat it will function as distract which I have used before when I see a target mounted up running towards me, sometimes you can toss a distract on them and add a tf moment before they come for you. I definitely have used this while FCing in weird situations where I’ve ended up with the flag. I also have a cancel shadow dance because shadow dance will actually prevent you from regaining stealth should you need it.

#showtooltip stealth
/stopattack
/cancelaura shadow dance
/cast [combat][stealth]Distract;!Stealth
2 Likes

its usually not good to want to cancel shadow dance unless you’re out of combat or it might waste your dance. my stealth macro cancels shadow dance and stealths me when im not in combat. also pressing stealth while stealthed wont unstealth me either.

I like the vanish one that only vanishes in combat. ill have to copy, might help free a bind

1 Like

Thank you! Going to try some of these later

The stealth/vanish one is great