Rogue Spec for World Content

Hi! I’m normally torn between Outlaw and Sub, and I haven’t played rogue since Shadowlands, so I don’t know what’s new. What’s more fun for everyone for outdoor content? Would like a lot of opinions on the different specs (Fine, maybe even sin)

For world content, it really doesn’t matter. Targets die fast enough that none of the specs really get a chance to shine.

Having said that. I enjoy Assassination the most. I think it has the least convoluted rotation at the moment compared to the other two.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t recommend Outlaw for open world stuff. I found myself struggling because it doesn’t get good until you’re close to max level, and you will struggle on elites/named mobs because of reasons.

2 Likes

Outlaw used to be good fighting against elites when you had Leeching buff up via Grand Melee.

Now I would recommend Sub over Outlaw because the healing from Soothing Darkness is more frequent.

The CDR on Evasion is like the only way to utilize Outlaw “solo” in open world content. But even that is inferior compared to what Sub can do via Invigorating Shadow Dust.

For multiple mobs, especially greater than five, Sub and Assassination just are miles better.

Only saving grace for Outlaw is AR and the talent Underhanded Upperhand. But that requires you maintain momentum from mob to mob. Any tiny interruption and AR is going to fall off and the spec’s performance nose dives.

Sub has been the best leveling spec since Legion and nothing has changed. For open world content I would rank Sub first, Assassination second and Outlaw third.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing:

1 Like

I just stick with sub for everything because I don’t care to retrain muscle memory.

3 Likes

Sub is fantastic for questing, chain killing weak mobs, or taking in tougher mobs.

2 Likes

For world PVE, personally, for assassination, I recommend the mythic cleave build. Check Wowhead for that.

2 Likes