Rogue Feedback, Fan of Knives Focused Attacks "bug" was bugged in Wrath Classic, not SoD

I’m concerned that I saw the character changes to rogue in the PTR including this:

• Fixed an issue causing Fan of Knives to generate energy from Focused Attacks with off-hand critical strikes.

The tooltip of focused attacks, however, reads:
“You gain 3 Energy every time you deal a melee or ranged critical strike.”
and the Wrath (and SoD) version of Fan of Knives attacks with both weapons.

Wrath Classic FoK did not proc energy off the OH critical hits, confirmed by testing with Felstriker procs, but NOT PROCCING was the bug relative to the original. The rogue community at that time also referenced video from original Wrath Karazhan trash farm showing that OH FoK crits in the original, non-Classic version of the game, DID give the Focused Attacks energy.

There is in fact another post on these forums complete with combat logs about it being bugged in Wrath Classic compared to the original, but it was never fixed in Wrath Classic–it just got ignored.

Blade flurry also wasn’t applying to OH FoK hits, which also seemed to be a bug in Wrath Classic. We gave feedback on the broken/bugged Classic Wrath version of Fan of Knives nearly two years ago, but that feedback was just left to rot.

Please fix it now. Let the OH crits trigger combat potency as originally allowed in original Wrath and in accordance with all indications of tooltips. Undo this silliness of fixing a “bug” from working properly into the actual bugged state.

The only response I could think of to the question “how come the nerf fan of knives” was:
“Apparently they thought the bugged version (Wrath Classic… they outright ignored our feedback then) was the unbugged version (actually original Wrath), and so they bugged the unbugged version to ‘fix a bug.’”

Thanks for sharing.

You’re on the wrong forum for feedback though.