Rogue class mount in 8.1

Trying to earn my class mount from Legion sparked the need for me to write an angry letter here. Is it supposed to be corpse run after corpse run? My stealth doesn’t even work on city guards, who are 10 levels above me. Distract doesn’t work on them either.

All I can do is aggro (hope they don’t one-shot me), Sprint like 15 yards and use Vanish. Then Vanish drops and I better not be next to a new mob, or it’s another corpse run. Oh, and Vanish has a 2 minute cooldown, during which I’m exposed to any patrol coming my way. Vanish doesn’t even always work. Rez point is far.

It looks like this will be a long night…

update : I’m not sure it’s even possible in Thunder Bluff as the target runs away and I can’t run 10 yards without dying to the guards. Oof.

1 Like

Bring another max level rogue? When it was live you had to burst it down before players and guards ripped you apart. Even worse when it was live people where camping the NPC just to kill rogues trying to get the quest done. I think after TB you have to assassinate someone in org, directly inside the main auction house lol

Which I had to do in stormwind the week it was live lol. I remember that long stormwind corpse run. All you saw were other rogues walking back to stormwind in the spirit realm

But back in legion the guards were the same level as you but that must be annoying having them so much stronger than you in BFA. I recommend bringing a max level rogue with you while can 1 hit the NPC

I recommend waiting until level 120 to do this quest.

6 Likes

Well…fudge.

I really didn’t want to go to BfA on this guy, but the OP is right. You can’t stealth past anything. I thought maybe Blizz had been smart and scaled the mobs. I mean, I knew the players wouldn’t be, but this is ludicrous. These mounts are a Legion item and should be obtainable by a 110. (I’m currently 111, armory seems to be slow updating again.)

I guess we’re supposed to be happy they didn’t remove the mounts when BfA launched. I’m adding my irritation to yours, OP. This truly sucks.

2 Likes

UPDATE

Got the mount early this morning. :grin:

It’s not easy now that Org and SW are crz and everyone is in warmode. It’s especially not easy if you suck at rogue (like me). At 3am (server time) the Stormwind AH was still crowded with flagged 120’s. There were also bones behind the Auctioneer that led me to believe one of my fellow rogues had made an unsuccessful attempt ahead of me. Logged off.

I logged on again at 5am and was happy to see no players in the AH. Then a stealth-piercing elite walked in and I had no option but to go for it. Killed the mark and almost made it out of SW. Never been so happy to take rez sickness.

Unless you’re PvP god, I suggest anyone still trying to do this quest try it in the very early morning. And of course be max level with something better than complete trash gear.

1 Like

I got lucky with the Stormwind auction house part. Flew into the city, landed on the auction house roof, dropped down and dashed in, target, stab stab, vanish and run mad.

Prime time, full town, a lot of fun.

Honestly, the Darnassus part was the worst for me – the guards are far too close to the mark there. I died repeatedly.

Neat quest, all-around.

They should do more class-specific stuff – other than Legion, the whole leveling process is very generic to the class mystique.

2 Likes

I have every class mount, and rogue was my first, because rogue was my main during Legion. It was brutal then. By far the worst of the class mounts. Some of them, like paladin and demon hunter, were stupid easy. A few errands and 30 minutes you’re done. Rogue mount is a headache for sure.

2 Likes