Rogue Alt Help!

So I want to roll my 1st alt for Shadowlands (still have my boost) so I will be starting out at like 48 or 50 i think. I really want to try my hand at a rogue. So I just wanted to ask the simple “what is the best leveling spec, raid spec, pvp spec”? Covenant help would be appreciated as well! Ty for any and all help!

For the love of god do not roll a rogue until they are drastically buffed.

I dont really care about the power of a class, more of what they can do though =)

As long as you understand that rogues are probably the worst class in the game I would be happy to help you. I just don’t want you to waste your boost and be disappointed.

Best leveling spec is Sub by a mile like do not even test the other 2, best pvp Spec is generally sub, assassination can be used but typically your job is to control and shadowdance just has the edge on it. Best endgame pve spec is outlaw by a mile.

Best overall covenant is night fae. Best single target night fae, best multi target (mythic+) is kyrian. Best pvp is night fae by a mile.

I would recommend you to level it up the normal way, boosting a class you have no knowledge of is generally a bad idea

Outlaw is the best PvE spec currently. Sub is the go to for PvP and Assassin is the middle ground.

Rogue’s really fun so give it a go.

Sub rogue has the best self healing and its burst can fast at questing. Its also good for pvp which is a fast way to gear in Shadowlands. Assassin is similar to it. Outlaw is different and is more of a buff maintenance spec, which is currently strongest in instanced pve.

Leveling: Sub
Raid:Outlaw
Mythic plus:Outlaw
Pvp: In the right hands sub is definitely the best but seeing that you are new to rogue I suggest all ppl to play assassination first Bc it is much easier to play and will still allow you to get the hang of the rogue play style

1 Like